HCM - GSU Role
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India Bangalore Karnataka IN
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 27 Apr 18 2018-04-27
HCM - GSU Role
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Role Overview & Responsibility :
This role in GSU will play a critical role in working within HCM and across all divisions in Bangalore to execute initiatives that support the firm's Learning and Development mission to create an environment which maximizes the development of its employees. The individual will work closely with members of each of the three teams within the Talent Management function, namely Recruiting, Talent Development and Business Partners, to provide a seamless and effective service to the business in developing its talent.
• Focus on the Talent Development Strategy for the Office and drive initiatives and programs around it.
• Support the creation and execution of initiatives to support the firm's Learning and Development mission, working closely within HCM, the Talent Management function and across all divisions in India.
• Actively partner with the divisions and offices to support the development of all employees within Goldman Sachs in India.
• Facilitate learning sessions individually and along with senior leaders of the firm.
• Be able to conceptualize content development and design. Have an understanding of measuring effectiveness
• Consult with and act as adviser to the Division heads, Global GSU teams and HR Generalists across the region
• Liaise with Business Partners to run the nomination based programs and program manages from start to finish the entire learning process.
• Analyze statistics on key learning trends and leverage GSU reports and statistics to analyse and present key takeaways to stakeholders in Bangalore and within global GSU teams
• Represent the firm and develop appropriate relationships with external partners and associations to enable information gathering, benchmarking and advocacy
• Support the firm's participation in benchmarking surveys and regional award submissions
• Act as a conduit for research, intelligence and external developments in the learning area
• Manage regional budget for divisional programming related activities and expenses
• Deliver on GSU business priorities related to the role. Drive and determination to help GS be a 'best in class' learning organization
• Strategic thinking towards leadership and talent development
• Excellent Communication, Presentation and Facilitation Skills
• Strategic and creative approach to problem solving
• Sound developed written skills and drafting ability
• Strong interpersonal skills and networking ability
• Strong people management skills
• Flexible, collaborative interpersonal style that inspires the confidence of senior management
• Ability to drive processes and decision making in consultation with internal and external clients
• Ability to relate effectively to a wide range of individuals and cultures
• Good judgment and strong sense of discretion and confidentiality
• Demonstrated interest and involvement in learning and development initiatives
• Experience working in best-in-class, global organizations known for excellence in talent development
• Proven ability to build strong relationships and influence senior leaders
• Experience of project management with demonstrated ability to manage multiple large, complex time-sensitive projects
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.