HCM - Firmwide Compensation Operations Role
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India Bangalore Karnataka IN
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 27 Apr 18 2018-04-27
HCM - Firmwide Compensation Operations Role
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
Our division recruits, develops and rewards the people of Goldman Sachs. Our teams advise, design and implement strategies, processes and technologies that help our people advance professionally, drive productivity and help the firm and our clients achieve superior results. We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an impact on the success of the firm's most valuable asset, our people.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Compensation Operations team is part of the broader compensation function in HCM. The operations team has a global remit and provides support to regional and global compensation teams in Americas, Asia, EMEA and India. Working closely with the regional compensation team, Operations team supports various processes, transactions, activities related to the day to day working of the compensation function in each region. The team is also responsible for proactively identifying ways to improve processes to achieve overall efficiency and effectiveness.
The operations lead will play a critical role in driving the compensation operations strategy by standardizing and documenting key processes and identifying opportunities for automation and working with regional and global compensation lead to provide support on wide variety of compensation processes. The individual will be required to -
- Manage a team through review of key deliverables, career development, and performance reviews
- Strengthen, establish, implement and monitor internal controls and procedures to drive accuracy and flawless execution
- Liaise with regional and global comp leads to drive the agenda of the operations team in a fast paced environment.
8+ years of experience in human resources with at least 3+ years of people management and hands on oversight experience in compensation working in best-in-class global organizations.
- Leadership skills- Strong hands on supervisory skills with the ability to review and provide on the job guidance and coaching. Flexible, collaborative interpersonal style that inspires the confidence of senior management. Ability to drive processes and decision making in consultation with the internal and external clients.
- Technical Expertise - Compensation functional knowledge, strong analytical skills with expertise in Microsoft office (Excel, PowerPoint), attention to details and the proven ability to deliver with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests; builds trusting relationships with clients and team members; helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations; delivers on client commitments.
- Time Management Skills - Manage multiple urgent deliverables and can prioritize workload to anticipate and meet Ability to deal effectively and work under pressure within a global environment.
- Communication - Clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Teamwork - Drive collaboration with regional and global stakeholders.
- Judgement - Handle high degree of confidential information with complete discretion Experience in Operations and/or Human Resources preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.