Financial Engineer - ESA
Job Description ~~Role/Responsibilities In this role, you will join our CS team to learn all aspects of the Moody's Analytics structured finance business. You will have the opportunity to participate in projects with our risk and regulatory solutions, advisory, API, content production, financial modeling and product teams. You will gain exposure to experienced professionals in our CS team through extensive training and mentorship programs. This will be hands-on learning experience where you will participate in real world production processes from data acquisition to product delivery. You will be a member of Moody's Analytics' team creating and supporting some of the industry's leading data, model and software solutions for the structured finance industry.
- This role requires you to work within our Enterprise team, supporting clients of our risk and regulatory as well as API/ integrated solutions. To excel in this role you would need to have a sound understanding of structured finance, quantitative models and an interest in technology
- Learn how to model and troubleshoot waterfalls for a variety of structured finance asset classes, including RMBS, CMBS, ABS and CLOs
- Perform regulatory analysis as part of our advisory service for CCAR/DFAST purposes
- Work with Model Validation teams at banks to validate our credit models for CCAR/DFAST purposes
- Work with our product teams to design product functionality, specifying bug fixes and software enhancements requests
- Contribute and lead long term projects and initiatives that benefit the quality of client-facing products
- Contribute to development of QA methodology for regulatory outputs
- Assist in reviewing integration and performing QA for release of new quantitative models
- Work with our data team to understand our monthly production cycle and sophisticated data processes. Have an opportunity to streamline processes and improve quality and efficiency through automation
~~Qualifications - Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years' experience in a similar role with a quantitative and technical problem solving emphasis. Preferred degrees are in Engineering, Finance, Math, Economics, Computer Science, or related fields. Masters/MBA preferred.
- Experience in Structured Finance is highly preferred
- Experience in C/C++, C#, Excel VBA, or other programming languages is preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server or another relational database is required
- Experience in working with large/complex data sets beneficial
- Good written and oral English communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and assist large teams in resolving complex analytical issues.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines
- Possess great initiative and have strong organizational skills
- Strong debugging, analytical and problem solving abilities.
• - Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
• - Possess a positive attitude in general.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.