Data Analyst - Manager
Data Analyst : State Street : Manager Who we are looking for:
Strong analytic background, good communication skills, ability to work in a team environment, willingness to learn how data is connected from a business perspective, advanced MS-excel experience. Sharp attention to detail and willingness to research and investigate results to ensure accuracy. Knowledge of SQL and experience with data wrangling tools. Ability to learn data blending and visualization tools such as Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI. Why this role is important to us:
This role will design current and future state visuals for key stakeholders across the organization. Working directly ERO data team and Enterprise continuity services and other key stakeholders, the Analyst will document, validate and design dashboards/reports that will aid in identify areas of conformance issues and/or resiliency issues. The Analyst will be engaged in large-scale process data visualization efforts across the various Global business lines. The role will require collaboration with virtual project team members. What you will be responsible for:
The responsibilities of this role will include, but will not be limited to:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with SQL and experience with large, complex data sets.
- Experience with data profiling and quality assessment
- Ability to learn how to use data tools, Alteryx, Tableau Prep or other ETL tools
- Demonstrated experience working with front-end application and its data extraction, data warehouses, analytical queries, and XML functions
- Demonstrated experience using Teradata Studio and SQL Developer tools for data load and retrieval
- Ability to engage with various audiences /skill sets to understand and define requirements for data service requests.
- Ensure reference data, metadata management, business semantics, data modeling and metadata workflow management, data archival and other regulatory requirements are met.
- Ensure data privacy and security needs are well defined and implemented.
- Collaborate with Data Governance and support their objective with data architecture and delivery oversight.
- Contribute in the development of data strategy, data architecture and associated procedures.
- Apply strong data architecture and data management best practices across the end-to-end implementation. Document data integration standards and approach across enterprise-wide applications and data provider platform and sources systems.
- Ensure and document data architecture artifacts with industry best practice. Provide data architecture oversight and guidance to the project teams.
About State Street What we do.
- 10+ years of experience
- 3+ years of dashboard design experience in Tableau and/or Power BI experience
- advanced MS-excel experience.
- Knowledge of SQL and experience with data wrangling tools.
- Ability to learn data blending and visualization tools such as Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers