Business Initiatives Cnsltnt
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website . Department Overview
The TCOO department holds the Program Management Office Center of Excellence (PMO COE) and part of the Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) business that is is focused on their partners, team member's projects execution excellence. The team collaborates and engages from the beginning, through the execution and closure of the project lifecycle. They share the responsibility of delivery project and process change for the EIT team. About the Role
Responsible for leadership of cross functional/virtual teams to strategize, plan and execute a variety of programs, services and initiatives that are significant in scope, complexity and risk. Leads TRIMS Engagement management initiatives through interactions with cross-functional business partners. Provides leadership in the integration /implementation of programs/services/initiatives with cross-functional business partners, recognizing the significance of competing priorities and strategies, and adjusting as necessary. Works with functional management to obtain resources, influence outcomes, address conflict and ensure alignment with WF strategy /policies and business line objectives. Develops metrics and tracks/evaluates performance of programs, services and initiatives. Ensures plans/programs adhere to appropriate policies and regulations. Responsibilities:
- Handles TRIMS engagement manager role for EGS vendors and holds responsible for compliance with the requirements of TPSP Policy. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Initiating and managing engagements
- Completing the required assessments/obtaining required approvals
- Monitoring/overseeing the TPSP's performance in meeting Wells Fargo expectations/contractual conditions
- Responsible for leading cross functional/virtual teams to strategize, plan and execute a variety of programs, services and initiatives that are larger in scope and complexity as listed below:
- Engage with TPG / SCM and Vendors and track and monitor Vendor delivery performance through metrics reported on Thirty Party risk areas
- Recommending functional partners on Vendor sourcing based on the risk identified / reported and strategize / support Vendor risk management initiatives.
- Define Key metrics and evaluate vendor performance (Risk specific) on a periodic manner
- Ensuring the alignment of process to Wells Fargo Compliance to Audit / Regulatory requirements, Policies and procedure .
- Prepare regular dashboards on key operational metrics & KPIs for executive level briefing (CIO dashboard views) that reflect efficiency & effectiveness of the business, present to various stakeholders.
- University degree in Business or related discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- Desired Qualifications:
- Basic Microsoft Office skills, Basic understanding of SDLC and ITIL methodologies and fundamental understanding of SOW Governance
- Experience of working across one or more geographic territories or regions
Market Skills and Certifications Essential Qualifications:
- University degree in Business or related discipline.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- Proven knowledge to represent the LOB entire range of products and services to the technology teams and Vice-versa
- Ability to influence outcomes and results; ability to connect numbers to scenarios and plans.
- Strong communication skills;
- Reporting/Analytics experience
- Strategic - experienced collaborating with business partners and can represent/interface
- Business/procedure writing is a plus
- Basic Microsoft Office skills, Basic understanding of SDLC and ITIL methodologies and fundamental understanding of Third party Governance / Third party Risk Management
- Abilities to derive insights based on Data analysis and to create reports / handle data analysis is preferred
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.