- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Apr 18
Assistant Vice President – Training Specialist
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, IndiaRole: ( JOB SUMMARY)
- Driving Professional Development & Training (PDT) programs in MIS Support Center (MSC) for all MIS staff to enhance the skills and capabilities of MIS employees in the region and to support successful implementation of business initiatives.
- Consulting with Line of Business (LOB) stakeholders and global PDT team to assess training needs and appropriately plan training delivery and allocation of resources, and to assess overall effectiveness.
- Overseeing/executing/facilitating training for MSC employees at all levels and across all business lines, communicating and managing training through the Learning Management System and through other forums and mechanisms (e.g., management and line of business meetings).
- Applying subject matter knowledge to shepherd development/revision of courses and content for MSC, PDT, and other MIS training initiatives.
- Drive and administer PDT programs in MSC, including the MIS Analyst Curriculum and Certification programs, Group-Specific (e.g., RRS, ADM) Credit Academy programs, and training in support of MIS business initiatives.
- Serve as primary point person and global liaison for addressing questions about PDT programs in MSC.
- Engage with MSC business leads to communicate PDT training strategy and priority initiatives and to assess future training requirements.
- Manage the communication and scheduling of training - in region and, as necessary, globally - via Moody's Learning Management System.
- Collaborate with MSC managers and LOB stakeholders to implement standard "best in class" on-boarding program for new MSC hires.
- Liaise with regional Compliance officers and HR colleagues to support fulfilment of jurisdiction-specific regulatory training requirements and reporting.
- Develop new courses and/or drive SME engagement in the development of new courses and/or the refinement of existing courses to address needs of MSC business groups.
- Develop and/or deliver training content, in both "live" (classroom, video conference, Web-delivery) and self-paced, online formats.
- Contribute to formulation and execution of training strategy to effectively support various business transformation initiative, including for MIS' junior staff in the region.
Professional Development & Training (PDT) has a dual remit to 1), provide training curricula to drive foundational knowledge and skill development for MIS staff; and 2), develop and manage training initiatives to drive execution of MIS strategic and change priorities. The PDT team is a global team of fourteen (14) professionals that:
- Develops content and facilitates training sessions
- Designs and creates e-learning modules
- Drives knowledge transfer initiatives in support of MIS projects
- Partners with Line of Business (LoB) teams to assess and address emerging requirements
- Manages the Learning Management System (Knowledge Portal)
- Administers learning logistics (course set up, attendance tracking, reporting)
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Solid working knowledge of Learning & Development principles and practices, along with professional experience in one or more HR/Learning and Development functional areas (e.g. Organization Development or Learning Development).
- Experience and/or strong interest in facilitating training sessions for junior and senior level audiences.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with a Learning Management System.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of employees and management
- Strong team player and able to work cross-functionally and cross-culturally.
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Working knowledge of financial/capital markets
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, but also able to engage with and contribute to global team efforts
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.