Apps Systems Engineer
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website . Department Overview
Enterprise Function Technology within the Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) business is responsible for supporting Enterprise Data technology, Enterprise technology initiatives related to messaging & collaboration, risk technology, corporate systems data, and various internal systems and tools. About the Role
Primary role will be automation of most of the data validations, functional validations (where applicable) - needing more technical skills than normal quality assurance personnel. This position also needs good knowledge in ETL, MDM, Scripting, Data integrity, Job scheduling. Job Responsibilities
Functional or automation tester with proven experience in functional testing of ETL/MDM applications and backend testing
• Analyze business requirements, identify and communicate requirement gaps.
• Review requirement gaps raised by the team
• Define and develop Test Plans and Test strategies for different testing projects
• Review and sign-off the Test Coverage and Requirements Traceability Matrix
• Execute test cases and report test results
• Raise defects in defect tracking tool
• Strong SQL skills for data reconciliation using different data sources
• Good understanding of the data modelling
• Solid experience in reviewing and preparing Sizing & Estimation using industry estimation practices.
• Should be able to provide innovative solutions to the problem areas of application/process.
• Should be able to collect and track Metrics as defined and directed.
• Should be able to act as a Mentor/Guide to the team members.
• Should be able to manage and implement Effort Tracking in an Enterprise Project Management tool
• Provide solutions for resolutions of delivery issues and escalate/communicate to the management if required.
• Assess risks and help the manger in mitigating and in contingency planning.
• Understand and adhere to the defined QA processes and guide the team, be responsible for the process adherence.
• Should be accountable and responsible to all the project deliverables that he/she is working and accountable for the deliverables that the other team members are working upon
• Define common templates and suggest better ways of implementing QA processes
• Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Agile methodology and QA processes and overall testing lifecycle.
• Strict adherence to timelines and focus on deliverables
• Has excellent understanding on the Defect process and run and manage Defect triage calls.
• Expertise in functional testing of web-based/client-server applications and backend testing
• Expertise in other testing flavors such as database / Web Services / ETL will be an added advantage
• Able to write complex queries with exposure to database testing
• Knowledge of any defect tracking tool - HP ALM or equivalent
• Strong domain knowledge is mandatory Essential Qualifications
BE/B-Tech or Higher
Excellent analytical & interpersonal skills.
. Desired Qualifications
• Soft skills
• Good analytical skills and problem solving skills
• Good interpersonal skills and good team connect
• Strong oral and written communication. When needed can act as the lead with the support of manager
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.