etrade Java VP developer
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 26 Apr 18 2018-04-26
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With more than 1,200 offices in 36 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
We have an opening in the electronic trading team that looks after the Morgan Stanley Fixed Income trading and pricing platform. Morgan Stanley traders use this platform to price and trade these bonds & securities on multiple platforms in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. We look for a strong technologist interested in working with Core Java and Linux server-side environment The role will include a combination of long-term strategic development and shorter-term business focused development on this trading platform. The main focus will be to deliver increased automation to the trading desks and expand pricing and analytical capabilities into new business areas. You would be expected to gain expertise in several components of this platform, take full ownership of your projects from requirement gathering to roll-out, and possibly manage a small team.
- Strong proficiency Core Java and XML technologies in a Linux server-side environment
- Development experience in object-oriented programming and working with mixture of new and legacy systems.
- Good problem-solving, result-focused, can-do attitude, and strong focus to keep the business running and competitive
- Good communication skills in English and ability to work in a team.
- Experience in the finance industry
- Strong interest in the financial business (albeit no prior knowledge is required).
- Databases, Perl scripting
- Team lead experience
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant
focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.