Windows/Unix Operations Specialist (Mobile Computing)
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 16 Dec 17 2017-12-16
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) is that global technology group that delivers the software and hardware technology solutions that make our businesses run. The team manages the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, wireless technologies, server and database operations, desktops, servers and mainframes.
The Mobile Computing team operates within Enterprise Infrastructure under the End User Technology product umbrella. Our primary purpose is to drive business enablement via the mobile platform. Our customers encompass all of the global, Firmwide users. Our technology stack includes but is not limited to Linux and Windows systems, DBs, web technologies, VPN, Perl, Java, iOS, and Android. You will partner with our Mobile Engineering team and external vendors to implement and support mobile infrastructure and applications (iOS, Android) in order to take us to the next generation of Enterprise Mobility Management. We are willing to train you on the Mobile Device Management platform, but we require you to be a dynamic, seasoned IT professional, with experience in a large-scale enterprise with demanding users. You will have the opportunity to gain extensive mobile computing technologies along with the chance to engage and support the business users.
- Serving as final support layer for all Mobile products
- Incident diagnosis, troubleshooting, escalation and communication
- Testing and deployment of Mobile services, tools, and applications
- Optimization and handoff of work to Level 2 offshore team
- Infrastructure capacity management
- Partner and liaise with the Engineering team and external vendors
- Ownership of the problem management process
- Ownership of the change management process
- Operational support documentation
- Identify and implement operational efficiency initiatives
- Unix/Linux systems and/or Windows administration experience
- Comfortable level of scripting with a language of your choice (Perl, PowerShell, Python, Shell, Java)
- Application Support experience
- Experience managing an MDM solution – MobileIron or UEM is a plus
- Experience with Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) support
- Experience managing network appliances
- Basic understanding of network/distributed file systems (NFS, AFS, DFS)
- Web infrastructure support (Apache/Tomcat preferred)
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.