Vice President, Payroll
Description About this role
The Payroll EMEA Team Leader will be responsible for managing the delivery of payroll services in the EMEA region balancing required service levels to employees, a high level of statutory compliance, and a effective cost of the function. This includes ensuring payroll vendors are performing at the agreed upon Service Level Agreements (SLAs) whilst also providing oversight of the Payroll EMEA and the vendor managed payroll service teams to deliver payroll timely and accurately.
The Payroll EMEA Team Leader must have a strong technical background in payroll, including a working knowledge of accounting and employment tax matters, internal controls and project management to manage the impact on payroll due to acquisitions, divestitures, changes in statutory rules, the year-end global bonus and equity process and other related operations. The regional lead will be responsible for ensuring that the Payroll EMEA team understands the full employee life cycle process and its impact on payroll operations for the firm. The Role:
Experience and Attitude:
- Oversee the payroll operations in all EMEA countries where BlackRock operates, including but not limited to coordinating with the payroll vendors and internal teams to deliver pay accurately, timely, effectively, within all regulatory, tax and labour guidelines.
- Help devise the Payroll EMEA strategy, including flexing and determining team structure and delivery model to keep pace with the growth of the firm.
- Manage and develop a strong and high performing team consisting of six members located across the EMEA region.
- Manage the payroll vendor relationships to deliver payroll effectively across the region.
- Regularly review, audit, test, and update payroll controls.
- Meet regularly with payroll vendors to review performance and explore potential for improvement/enhancement of operations.
- Develop and manage to metrics that indicate operational optimization and are within the payroll vendors' Service Level Agreements.
- Oversee various audits, such as internal audits, employment tax, and social security audits
- Ensure Sarbanes Oxley (SoX) and UK Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) compliance.
- Advise and work closely with other Human Resources' teams on regional initiatives so that there is a coordinated effort between functions
- Work with the Regional Payroll heads to design optimized and standardize system interfaces to minimize data control issues that support a better control structure.
- Maintain strong relationships between HR Benefits, HR Talent Mobility, Compensation Accounting, Business Finance, Tax and Controllers to ensure their information needs and Payroll processes are aligned for maximum effectiveness.
- Maintain and test the Disaster Recovery Plan as agreed with the Regional Head.
- Lead the team through legal entity acquisitions, divestitures, and other firm initiatives such that implementations are a success with no compliance issues.
- Constantly seek out, propose, and implement process improvements and best practice initiatives as appropriate.
- Lead, participate and deliver upon department projects as required.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in a large payroll department, of which at least 5 years include managing a regional team.
- Financial services and/or investment banking industry experience is preferable.
- Knowledge of employment regulations in the larger EMEA countries, especially UK, allowing for compliance with country guidelines.
- Knowledge of withholding tax, related tax filings, tax policy and regulations as they relate to EMEA payroll reporting.
- Knowledge of accounting, with a focus on compensation accounting.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and reviewing internal controls aimed at reducing operational risk.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively across different internal teams and vendors.
- Ability to confidently interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively manage vendors, ensuring adherence to contracts and Service Level Agreements.
- Strong client service mentality and able to develop strong working relationships with your team, internal partners, and vendors to deliver a high-quality service.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, in an organized manner, and adhere to strict completion deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills that enable candidate to recognize and resolve problems
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Experience working with outsourced managed service payroll vendors.
- Certified Payroll Professional.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- A positive and 'can-do' attitude.
- Risk Management.
- Teamwork including collaborating with remote team members.
- Problem solving.
- Desire and ability to provide outstanding service to internal clients.
- Adaptability / Resilience.
- Communicate with impact.
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify, analyze and develop improvements to processes and/or procedures.
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.