Vice President, API Engineer
Description About this role
BlackRock's Aladdin Client & Sales Solution team is responsible for delivering tools and solutions to drive the efficiency of BlackRock's Client Business organizations globally and digitally transform how BlackRock's clients experience the firm. Do you have a demonstrated success delivering impact and commercial outcomes? Then, we want you! We are looking for an experienced API engineer in Budapest that can step up to the challenge. We are passionate about delivering state of the art technology to our users in a scalable and resilient manner, coupled with a great user experience.
We are a team that recognizes strength comes from diversity and embrace technical expertise and curiosity equally. We are focused on delivering commercial outcomes and are passionate about building outstanding products. You are an experienced API engineering lead with a track record of delivering well designed APIs to either internal or web facing products. Description
As an API Engineer, you will...
- Highly motivated to be part of engineering design discussions and open to listen and contribute with ideas.
- Hands-on backend development and have strong java coding capabilities to be able to deliver on core engineering tasks.
- Be up to date with the latest API tech trends specially cloud related development and recommend them as needed.
- Improve BlackRock's ability to enhance our distribution capabilities and services suite by creating, expanding and optimizing our data delivery via well designed APIs.
- You will lead business services/APIs development to enable the delivery of a high-quality data-driven product.
- Ability to create and evaluate backend engineering strategy and take it to the next step by leading the execution plan and efforts.
- Ability to translate business roadmap into engineering road map and think strategically about our solutions.
- Identify and groom talent on your team, be able to represent your team and keeping your team motivated.
- You should be excited to partner and work as part of global engineering team working on building backend strategy.
- Partner closely with UI engineering teams and data engineering teams to ensure UI requirements are met and data needs for APIs are suitable.
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in Java with robust object-oriented design pattern knowledge and implementation experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Java frameworks like Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Kafka, Zookeeper
- 3-5 years of experience building Rest or gRPC backend APIs
- Strong data structure and algorithms skills.
- 2-3 years of experience leading teams.
- Experience working in an agile scrum development environment
- Solid knowledge and experience developing and working with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, Sybase)
- Experience writing and supporting reusable and maintainable APIs
- Create well-written code that runs efficiently and optimally with solid knowledge of writing unit testing.
- Experience Cloud Technologies like Azure, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Spring Cloud Functions, working with micro services is highly desired.
- Working with building APIs using Protocol Buffers is highly desired.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.