See job description for details
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an Analyst to support the Lending Stress Testing team within the Credit Risk Department, based in Budapest. The successful candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that is dedicated to covering the lending businesses within ISG (Institutional Securities Group) at a portfolio level, including analysing the portfolio risk with each lending business, conducting stress loss analysis (centred around the Firm’s CCAR submissions and expected credit loss (CECL, IFRS9) calculation), and collaborating with other areas within Risk and the Business to manage and analyse the pipeline. We offer:
- A competitive benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
- Flexible working arrangements (core hours and opportunity to work from home)
- Extensive training both in the classroom, and on the job from seasoned professionals, with additional access to Morgan Stanley’s world-class internal trainings
- Young, dynamic, and vibrant culture centered on diversity and inclusion You will:
- Analyze and identify potential vulnerabilities of the Firm based on loss projections under different financial scenarios
- Work closely with model design and validation teams to detect and improve weaknesses in risk models
- Collaborate with New York based stakeholders, communicating results to senior management
- Manage innovative projects related to data analysis, visualization, and process automation
- Coordinate as necessary with other functional groups within and outside risk management Qualifications: You have:
- Solid academic background, preferably with a degree in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, statistics/mathematics, sciences or engineering
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Interest in markets, risk models and financial products, with a special focus on lending and derivatives
- Ability to handle and analyze large datasets in Excel, additional fluency in VBA or SQL is an advantage
- Attention to detail and prioritization skills will be key in balancing daily deadlines with timely implementation of strategic projects Team Profile:
The Credit Risk Department, comprised of ~130 employees, is one of the key lines of defence for Morgan Stanley’s balance sheet. The team ensures that credit ratings, limits, and other attributes are accurate and up to date for Morgan Stanley’s corporate lending and derivatives trading business lines, while also participating in the preparation of proposals for the extension of credit. About us:
Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects individuality.
There are various employee offers such as discount theatre tickets, dry cleaning service and many more.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. Learn about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley Budapest:
Build a career with impact. Visit https://www.morganstanley.com/about-us/global-offices/europe-middle-east-africa/hungary morganstanley.hu
for more information.