Software Engineer in Portfolio Compliance, Associate
Description About this role
The Portfolio Compliance Group (PCG) is a global group within Global Accounting and Product Services (GAAPS), one of the core functions within the Business Operations Group at BlackRock. PCG is responsible for implementing controls and processes to ensure we are aligned with all applicable regulatory and portfolio issued guidelines, including core Aladdin pre and post-trade compliance and non-Aladdin trading compliance; mutual fund monitoring and reporting; global syndicate offering review; ERISA and Fiduciary monitoring, and Global Thresholds reporting. GAAPS, executes Institutional and Commingled fund accounting, Board management, Portfolio & Regulatory Compliance and operational infrastructure oversight for BlackRock's commingled funds (registered and unregistered).
Your role and Impact
The role sits in the Technology and Development Operations (TDO) team, specifically focusing on the design, development and execution of tactical and strategic solutions for both PCG and the wider GAAPS community. We must develop a keen understanding of the functions both within PCG and beyond in order to better comprehend the challenges faced by these functions.
• Design, develop, and deliver robust technology solutions to the organization's sophisticated problems
• Play a key role in growing the core offering of the Aladdin Compliance Platform
• Make autonomous decisions on which platform solutions best fit the business problem presented
• Drive engagement with partners to ensure that proper business requirements are established
• Developing exception-based, business-process-centric technology solutions that provide scale to operations teams globally
• Build relationships with other internal technology teams to ensure familiarity with all potential technology solutions while also holding them accountable for capturing and measuring business benefits
• Enhancement of skills including building a solid understanding of BlackRock's proprietary software platform, Aladdin
• Experience in building solutions for both BlackRock and over 100 client organizations also using the Aladdin ecosystem.
• Familiarization with the complete portfolio management lifecycle
• Exposure to global regulatory regimes and jurisdictions
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
• Strong SQL and database knowledge, and/or application design platforms (e.g., Angular, Flask)
• Enthusiasm and ability to work in a team-environment, multi-tasking, collaboration and effective communication skills are a must
• Experience in financial services preferred (investment banking/asset management)
• Knowledge of software development best practices (analysis, design, development, testing)
• Identification of risk or gaps in a process and implementing plans to resolve
• Researching, problem solving, and process re-engineering
• Ability to convey sophisticated concepts simply and clearly Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.