Senior Server side .NET developer
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Mar 18 2018-03-23
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) is the global technology group that delivers the software and hardware technology solutions that make our businesses run. The team manages the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, wireless technologies, server and database operations, desktops, servers and mainframes.
Our team, distributed across New York, London and Budapest, is responsible for delivering in-house developed management systems as well as integrating with vendor and open source products that configure and operate the Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) technology platform on which web and other applications and services are deployed; a global platform servicing both internal users and external clients across all business units at the firm. With the current industry themes of public, hybrid and private clouds and containerisation very much in mind, we are required to improve the agility of PaaS provision and management, replacing manual procedures and improving existing automation, driving down the costs of the PaaS platform as a whole, all in a secure and repeatable way.
Seeking a Senior Server side .NET developer to assist in developing the tools and infrastructure automation for our windows webfarm related products which satisfies the requirements of a range of business applications in our enterprise environment. In this role you will work on a global team that is responsible for creating high performance, reliable, secure, and maintainable systems. You will be expected to follow and be an example of industry best practices, standards and patterns. You will be expected to interface effectively with the local and remote team members, partner teams and our internal clients who are also developers. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create innovative, high quality solutions to meet our business needs and objectives. You will be ensuring proper Software Development Life Cycle by working with source control management, build and test automation, disciplined configuration and deployment. You will be part of a learning culture where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents the developed solutions
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities
- Work with a team of Developers, Engineers and Operations on functional requirements and specifications.
- Assume responsibility for detailed design of assigned architectural components or services.
- Apply development best practices as test-driven development (TDD) techniques and integration tests for all developed software
- Provide assistance with connectivity, configuration management, deployment setup and production troubleshooting for a diverse set of products and infrastructure developed by the team
- Solid 5+ years of C# .NET development experience up to the latest .NET frameworks
- 3-5+ years of experience with .NET server side development technologies like ASP.NET and WCF running on IIS
- Demonstrated expertise in enterprise software development and maintenance using Microsoft technologies and Microsoft .NET C#.
- Solid experience with database development (MS SQL Server with Entity Framework or similar ORM) including proficiency in T-SQL
- Experience with Web Services such as: SOAP, WCF, RESTful service
- Passion for innovating and automating new solutions for delivering efficient enterprise solutions
- Team player attitude willing to work hard to ensure the success of the team and project
- Have worked in an Agile environment such as Scrum or Kanban with experience in a Test-Driven Development environment
- Good knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and common design patterns
- Ability to analyze, solve problems and work with the team to identify and fix the root cause of the problems (be it programmatic or performance).
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.