Senior Internal Auditor
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 May 19
Senior Internal Auditor
- Primary Location: Hungary,Budapest,Budapest
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19024323
Internal Audit (IA) is a global organization of over 1800 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 160 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. IA is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide to drive positive change and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role participates in the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
Citigroup's Corporate Treasury function is a component of the company's Finance Organization. Corporate Treasury is tasked with controlling the risks associated with managing the Groups liquidity, funding, interest rate risk in the accrual portfolio, funds-transfer-pricing, capital and investments that make up the Groups high quality liquid assets and liquidity buffer. Strong management of these risks is vital for the long-term viability of Citi and is a key focus of regulators in all countries.
• As a seasoned professional applies solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance.
• Contributes to the development of audit processes improvements.
• Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business.
• Performs moderately complex audits related to Credit Markets activities, technology management; project/program management; or supplier management in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions.
• Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs.
• Provides coaching to team members in all phases of the audit process.
• Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
• Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
• Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
• Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business.
• Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing.
• Great opportunity to participate in audits in EMEA
Knowledge and Experience:
• 6-7 years of experience in a related role with experience in business, and functional management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholders high quality deliverables according to strict timetables.
• Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of Treasury products.
• Good communication skills to communicate as well with the various countries as with the people on the committees, accounting policy and senior management
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
• BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
• Needs to be a self-motivator that likes being involved in accounting issues and willing to achieve the best result for the countries while adhering to global standards and requirements