Senior Auditor - Technology Infrastructure
This role participates in the timely delivery of high quality, value added audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
This role is responsible for the delivery of Risk Assessments and audits covering the full spectrum of Technology Infrastructure, including Data Center, Network, Customer and Employee processes, operations, systems platforms and devices. The role will also work on auditing enterprise/cross-sector processes such as information security, risk management and disaster recovery.
This encompasses providing objective risk based independent assurance with respect to the design and operating effectiveness of controls associated with Technology Infrastructure that support critical business systems and processes across the company. Job Background:
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries.
Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe. Key Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain technology Risk Assessments.
• Take part in audits related to technology management following Internal Audits methodology and professional standards.
• Build up a solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations.
• Contributes to the ongoing development of audit processes improvements.
• Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business.
• Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs.
• Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
• Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
• Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
• Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business.
• Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing.
• Some travel may be required Development Value:
The successful candidate will join a dynamic international team that is responsible for auditing the technology infrastructure of the bank globally. Working in this environment will provide the opportunity for the person to gain much exposure to how Citi's infrastructure is designed and operated from the review and approval of technology solutions in CATE through to the deployment and day to day operation by CTI. The individual will learn how to identify inherent risks and suitable controls and will also become familiar with the regulatory environment affecting Citi as well as the cyber risks that are emerging as the planet becomes connect through the internet and digital technologies.
As technology is such an important aspect of the business of banking then members of the technology audit team are often asked to assist with business and financial audits. This is a very good opportunity to gain understanding of business products and not just technology. Working in internal audit with its global remit gives people the change to come into contact with other staff that they would not otherwise meet. It puts the individual in a very good potion with regards to specific knowledge of Citi. Knowledge and Experience:
• Have effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues.
• Previous experience in using interpersonal skills for interfacing with different levels of internal and external management.
• A reasonable understanding of the types of financial services provided by Citi. Skills:
• A good understanding of general technology application control principles.
• A good ability to be able to map and analyse business processes and determine inherent risk in those processes.
• A high-level understanding of the use of technology infrastructure products such as servers, data centers, middleware, databases. Qualifications:
• BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
• The CISA qualification is desirable but not mandatory.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HU
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .