SOX Controls Senior Analyst
Description Job Purpose:
- Primary Location: Hungary,Budapest,Budapest
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19025808
A challenging role within the Finance Controls Team. Primary purpose is to ensure that the region builds and maintains a strong control environment and that controls are effectively monitored, and control related issues are appropriately addressed and escalated, across all areas within the Finance organisation. Job Background:
The Finance Controls Team is set up across the UK and Budapest, and is designed to effectively monitor controls and participate in and lead global and regional control initiatives across all areas within the EMEA Finance organisation. Key Responsibilities:
• SOX: Co-ordination of the annual SOX process for the EMEA region
Assist in the Co-ordination of the Annual Global SOX Programme by supporting Manager who is the primary contact for EMEA, responsible for driving the process to meet required tight deadlines and ensure completion of accurate and comprehensive End-to-End process flows. Review of key financial reporting activities and key SOX controls, verifying, challenging and identifying gaps to ensure quality and completeness. Interaction and collaboration with senior colleagues across Front office, Middle office, Operations and Back office functions across the region.
• MCA/ORM Initiatives
Stay abreast of new MCA requirements through attendance on global and regional update calls, control forums etc. understanding key new topics, disseminating and supporting Finance colleagues across the region in their implementation.
Assist manager as required in execution of project plan to fully implement the new GRC changes
Coordinating the required quarterly MCA responsibilities for the EMEA UK Finance Entity so as to ensure accurate documentation is completed and included within Citirisk and meeting quarterly deadlines
• Control Design and Monitoring
Manage to resolution control issues with substantial potential impact to the region and help identify operating control deficiencies throughout the region. This includes ensuring that control issues are effectively identified and appropriately escalated. Help to ensure there is a resolution plan for all identified and escalated issues and that where appropriate the CAP process is used to raise, escalate and resolve issues in the region.
Assist in the control design and monitoring for Regional Finance
Ensure full compliance with Annual COB calendar testing and reporting requirements for the UK Finance COB entity.
Maintain and further develop strong relationships with the full UK Finance function, understanding the key critical process of each department, reviewing, challenging and supporting department heads to ensure a robust COB Plan for the UK Finance function is in place.
Support Regional Finance colleagues as required with COB issues.
Constantly challenge and identify pain points for coordinator and Finance colleagues and develop ways in which these could be avoided and improved.
Stay abreast of COB developments and new practices, analyse and interpret new requirements, create guidelines where applicable and distribute and communicate to regional Finance.
• Mandatory Absence
Work with Global team to mould and strengthen Finance's interpretation and adherence to MA Policy.
Participate in Global Control Initiative update calls on MA and summarise key issues/takeaways/action points from each meeting for discussion with Manager in her role as the EMEA MA Co-ordinator.
Assist manager in annual MA assessment for full EMEA Finance and FRI, liaising with Finance managers across the region to ensure full compliance with policy.
Ownership of ongoing MA monitoring for full EMEA Finance and FRI population to ensure full compliance of EMEA Finance staff with MA requirements including issue resolution and co-operation with Compliance as required.
Review of all staff MA Sensitivity status to identify and understand differences with a view to improving standardisation where possible across the region
• Records Management
Support Manager as required in her role as UK Finance RMO liaising with Finance teams on RM issues as directed.
Participate on Global RM calls to stay abreast of RM developments and requirements. Interpret and disseminate new requirements to the Finance functions to ensure full compliance of Finance with the Policy. Development Value:
The successful candidate would :-
• Gain an in-depth understanding of the control framework within Citi, the control design and monitoring of Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR), the practical application of the COSO framework and SOX principles to Finance.
• Gain exposure to all areas of the organisation and work with SME's across all levels and functions globally within Citi.
• Understand how Finance is structured to meet the expectations and requirements both from senior management and external regulators.
• Gain an in-depth understanding of some of the key end-to-end processes, key risks and key controls across finance functions Qualifications Knowledge and Experience:
• Strong Senior, with 4-5 years' experience in Audit, Controlling or internal control Skills:
• Excellent professional level oral and written communication skills in English
• Control focused
• Proactive, able to manage time, people and issues
• Keen attention to detail
• Strong Microsoft office skills particularly Excel an advantage Qualifications:
• Qualified Accountant (preferred).
• University/college degree, specialised in Accounting/Finance/Economics
• Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Competencies:
• A high calibre individual with very strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrates high levels of integrity and professionalism when dealing with others. Able to manage situations where conflicts of interest may arise. Able to deal with a range of senior/Junior staff across functions & countries taking into account cultural sensitivities and different working practices.
• Analysis and Problem solving - Can identify the key issues in a situation, analyse data with high attention to detail, identify root causes and generate successful solutions.
• Planning & Organisation - Plan effectively so as to achieve personal and organisational goals. Organise time efficiently in order to realise the plan so as to meet reporting and project deadlines.
• Ability to work independently. A proven self-starter who proactively seeks to improve existing controls and streamline processes both from a tactical short term perspective and also a strategic longer term perspective and implement these initiatives to completion.