See job description for details
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
We are a global financial services firm that is leveraging technology to its highest potential. We’re looking for talented developers to join our team. Grow your career through a wide range of professional and development opportunities at Morgan Stanley Budapest.
We are looking for an experienced business-focused Quantitative Developer to lead development of the Contour analytics platform, a major strategic initiative in the Institutional Equities Division. Contour will leverage the firm’s data to provide the necessary colour and quantitative analysis to drive business decisions across the cash equities business. The role would be hands-on initially but also involve building out and managing a team in Budapest. We Offer
- To work with talented individuals to develop new ideas and solve complex business challenges
- Unique opportunity to lead development of an important, highly visible firm initiative in collaboration with colleagues in London
- A competitive compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus You Will
- Develop and implement analytics and views using a range of technologies that will be used to drive business decisions
- Build out and manage a Budapest-based team
- Effectively navigate and interpret various data sources and, where appropriate, build full-stack simulations on top.
- Leverage the data to help senior stakeholders answer ad-hoc and strategic questions
- Present results using real-time UI technologies
- Promote change through a combination of hands-on effort and working with firm IT Qualifications: You Have
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience as a quantitative developer, ideally with a management role
- Expert programming skills in Java, C++, C#, or similar
- Worked with data and databases
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability work without supervision
- Ability to identify and execute process improvement opportunities You Also Might Have
- Programming experience in kdb/q is a definite plus
- Experience with trading risk or electronic trading systems
- Team management and recruiting experience
- Experience in web presentation technologies Team Profile
The Equity Strategist (Strat) team resides within our Sales & Trading Business. Strategists typically work very closely with desks across business lines and are commercially driven and revenue focussed. Working closely with other Strategists and trading desks, they rapidly provide new solutions and bring efficiencies and quantitative edge to existing business processes within a dynamic market-driven environment. About US
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling, Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the-art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city center. Learn about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley Budapest:
Build a career with impact. Visit https://www.morganstanley.com/about-us/global-offices/europe-middle-east-africa/hungary morganstanley.hu
for more information.