Product Control Sr. Analyst
- Primary Location: Hungary,Budapest,Budapest
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19029913
Product Control Senior Analyst Product Control is the largest department in Finance primarily responsible for controlling daily profit and loss reporting, price verification and trading activity for the Institutional Clients Group. We work closely across functions on a daily basis (including the Trading desks, Risk Management, Operations, and other areas of Finance) and develop a deep understanding of the products traded, along with the associated market risks and accounting complexities. What do we offer?
What do you do as a Senior Product Control Analyst?
- Unique opportunity to gain strong technical knowledge of a full range of investment banking products.
- Equal opportunity for all of our colleagues to climb up the career ladder
- Freedom to succeed in a dynamic environment: creative and innovative ideas are encouraged and recognized
- A positive and inclusive work environment in which diversity and cross-regional work-streams are key components
- Agile working : the office in Budapest is based around a state of the art flexible floor plan called 'Citi-Works'. This delivers a positive and bright work environment.
- An environment conducive to developing supervisory/leadership/presentation skills and build a professional network across the organization globally
- Opportunity to participate in process reengineering and digitization
- A great place to be part of a socially active team: the chance to participate in regular charity events and social gatherings.
What do we expect from our Senior Product Control Analyst?
- You will be responsible for the end-to-end Product Control process. Daily P&L preparation and related activities: review and analyse new trades, associated risks and the P&L generated, Also understand and analyse the P&L coming from market moves on the existing portfolio of trades
- Work closely with all areas of the Finance department, liaising with the Trading Desk, Risk Management, Operations, Middle Office and IT teams
- Develop your controls and supervisory skillset: challenge and coach team members and ensure their daily work corresponds to the highest standards
- Use effective escalation to ensure issues are highlighted in a timely manner. Focus on recurring issues and drive through enhancement projects and systems fixes
- Support standardization efforts and also work on ad-hoc projects to implement process improvement ideas
- Develop an enquiring and questioning mind-set.
- Minimum of 3.5 years of experience in Finance (similar role is an advantage)
- Strong financial/accounting knowledge
- University/College degree in Finance/Accounting
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Control focus
- Strong PC skills in Excel, Word. Training will be provided on other in house and industry standard systems used within this position.