Product Control Analyst
Description Job Purpose:
- Primary Location: Hungary,Budapest,Budapest
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19029938
The role is part of the Product Control team in Budapest, supporting the EMEA Institutional clients business.
A challenging role primarily responsible for reporting and analysing the daily P&L. Candidates will work closely with all other areas of the Finance department, liaising with the trading desk, risk management, operations and middle office. Job Background:
Product Control is the largest department in Finance with responsibility for controlling daily profit and loss reporting, price verification and new trading activity for the ICG in EMEA. The department is organised into business-aligned teams and the product scope comprehensive, comprising cash, derivative, as well as structured and exotic variants of the following asset classes; credit, FX, equity, money markets, commodities and rates.
We work closely across functions on a daily basis (including the Trading desks, Risk Management, Operations, and other areas of Finance) and develop a good understanding of the products traded, along with the associated market risks and accounting complexities.
We offer unique opportunity to get to know all the full range of institutional and investment banking products in the working practice of a globally leading multinational financial services conglomerate.
Our Budapest office is deeply integrated part of the EMEA regional hub, establishing direct contact with the business and finance areas in the regional centre. Key Responsibilities:
• Daily production of P&Ls and communication. Includes: review with traders and explanation of P&L movements to management.
• Ensure that the firm's risk portfolios are fairly valued
• Participation in desk level activities, including preparing the daily product specific business level revenues and commentary.
• Interaction with Traders, Middle Office, Risk Management and Accounting Policy
• Reconciliation between front and back office systems
• Ensure that market-leading standards are achieved through continuous development and maintenance of strong controls
• Reviewing new trades, understanding the structure, associated risks and the P&L generated on them
• Understand the Price Verification process and its impact on the P&L.
• Work closely with the Valuation Control Group
• Ad-hoc projects to develop the control infrastructure and facilitate business growth. Development Value:
• Exposure to banking products
• Extend product and technical knowledge.
• Develop understanding of core controls and responsibilities. Qualifications Knowledge and Experience:
• Understanding of financial products and investment banking.
• Basic accounting knowledge Skills:
• Good communication skills, both written and oral. Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work well within a team environment.
• Able to "hit the ground running" with enthusiasm. Has attention to detail and the ability to meet reporting and project deadlines.
• A self-starter who proactively seeks to improve existing controls and streamline processes both from a tactical short term viewpoint, and also from a strategic long term perspective, and implement these initiatives to completion.
• Strong PC skills in Excel, Word, and Access.
• A desire to learn. Qualifications:
• University/College degree Competencies:
• An interest in investment banking
• Theoretical knowledge of financial products
• Ability to interpret and analyse financial information
• Ability to apply theoretical knowledge in a practical environment
• Able to perform effectively within a time pressurised environment.
• Pro-active attitude