Process and Data Validation Analyst for the Risk department
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Apr 19
See job description for details
You have certainly come across risk. What aspects of life are not subject to it? Are you a risk taker or a risk averse? In an investment bank like Morgan Stanley, risk management is at the cornerstone of all our activities. As a risk analyst in our risk management department you will be at the center of our business. This current opportunity will give you an insight in how big banks manage risk.
Background of the Team
Risk Process Validation Group is an independent validation and verification function across the several areas of Firm Risk Management (FRM) – Credit Risk, Market Risk, Liquidity Risk and Operational Risk. The team is focused on assessing the integrity of processes within FRM, as they support Basel regulatory risk-based capital calculations, the Allowance for Credit Losses for Credit Risk and Market Risk, regulatory requirements for Comprehensive Capital Analysis & Review (CCAR), the Advanced Measure Approach (AMA) for Operational Risk and assessing ongoing compliance with the Global Operational Risk Management Policies.
· Independent validation, review of design and operating effectiveness of select Operational Risk, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk and CCAR processes and controls
· Support execution of governance, risk assessment, process review and validation, monitoring and reporting
· Assessing ongoing compliance with internal policies and regulatory requirements
· Design and execute core data and data quality testing; reviewing and challenging automated controls and reporting logic
· Interface with key stakeholders, governing bodies and business partners
· Partner with other teams to support a unified validation program end-to-end
· Contribute to improving the team’s validation methodology and execution capabilities
· Bachelor’s or higher degree in a quantitative field such as finance or economics
· Min. t wo years of financial services experience
· Experience with core banking, investment and trading products
· Strong risk, process and control validation/testing/auditing skills
· Excellent communication, analytical, risk management and program management skills
· Strong technical understanding of the financial services regulatory environment , with a focus on Basel principles
Skills desired (not mandatory)
· Prior role or studies with Risk Management
· Prior role with consulting or internal/external audit experience
· Familiarity with Excel VBA and SQL
What do we offer to you?
Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. Our philosophy is one that offers flexibility and balances personal lifestyles. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects who you are as a person.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.