See job description for details
Operational Risk Quantitative Associate in Risk Department
How can models give actionable insight into where risk is concentrated? What is the risk associated with cyberattacks, power outages, data errors or fraud? As an associate in the Operational Risk Analytics team you will have an opportunity to understand how models are used for quantifying operational risk and learn about capital management for regulatory and business purposes. We offer:
- Competitive salary and eligibility for annual bonus
- Flexible working arrangements (core hours and opportunity to work from home)
- The ability to grow and shape your own career
- Continued professional development based on your career interests
- Inclusive and welcoming environment
- An opportunity to learn about how a global investment bank works You will:
- Participate in research, development, implementation, and production of operational risk models and tools
- Perform analysis to support model and tool development as well as to respond to requests from the Operational Risk Department
- Work with risk managers of various business units to understand and address their needs
- Collaborate with Model Risk Management and Internal Audit on model and process validation
- Perform periodic review and backtesting of models
- Be part of a global team with colleagues in New York and London Qualifications: You have:
- A degree in a quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Mathematical Finance, Physics or Engineering
- Strong analytical skills and internal drive to challenge and improve models with quantitative methods
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, preferably also some leadership experience
- Excellent command of English both written and verbal
- Preferably some experience with natural language processing Team Profile:
Operational Risk refers to the risk of financial or other loss, or potential damage to a firm’s reputation, resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems, or from external events (such as fraud, legal and compliance risks or damage to physical assets). The Firm incurs operational risk across the full scope of its business activities, including revenue-generating activities, infrastructure groups and control functions. The Operational Risk Analytics Group provides the Firm with a quantitative framework for measuring and managing the operational risk. About us:
Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects individuality.
There are various employee offers such as discount theatre tickets, dry cleaning service and many more.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. Learn about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley Budapest:
Build a career with impact. Visit https://www.morganstanley.com/about-us/global-offices/europe-middle-east-africa/hungary morganstanley.hu
for more information.