Model Risk Senior Manager
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
See job description for details
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley’s risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley’s capital base and franchise. Risk Management protects the firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by our lending and trading counterparties.
The MRM PMO (Model Risk Management Program Management Office) has primary responsibility for the oversight and execution of the project portfolio to evolve Morgan Stanley’s Model Risk Management function and capabilities. In addition, the MRM PMO manages the execution of the CCAR process for MRM.
The Model Risk Senior Manager reports to the Head of the MRM PMO functionally and the Head of Budapest MRM locally. This is a key individual contributor position with responsibilities to ensure appropriate communication, coordination and execution of global plans locally.
- Closely coordinate with peers in NY office to develop, monitor, report on and track detailed project plans
- Ensure the overall MRM project portfolio and relevant detailed plans are well communicated and understood locally
- Actively engage with local teams to facilitate execution of plans and surface / escalate issues and concerns
- Coordinate CCAR/DFAST process locally, including communication of requirements and tracking / facilitating of deliverables
- Support generation of materials for various internal oversight processes and committees
- 5+ years of experience in financial services firm / project management
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Strong ability to multi task and effectively work in a matrix environment
- Understanding of relevant regulatory requirements (e.g. SR 11-7 or SR 15-18)
- Prior PMO role in model risk management or CCAR/DFAST process