See job description for details
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
Are you interested in how mathematical models help the business? What could be the risk when we use these models in the financial industry? You will gain insight into global model risk management. We offer:
- A competitive compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
- Flexible working arrangements (core hours and opportunity to work from home)
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley’s world-class internal trainings
- A supportive and vibrant multinational environment, we accept individual differences and believe in teamwork You will:
- Help establish and create new Data Visualization capabilities using QlikView as well as more advanced Business Intelligence capabilities from the inception stage
- Provide technical expertise to other team members, design creative solutions based on requirements, support all phases of the BI development cycle, maintain and improve development processes, and adhere to change management practices
- Implement and maintain new automated reports and optimize performance and efficiency of all Model Risk Management reporting solutions
- Engage with the end users to gather additional reporting requirements and translate into functional specifications
- Assist in identifying and connecting additional data sources to new and existing Business Intelligence environments Qualifications: You have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Finance, Economics or other related field or programming/computer science work experience
- Experience in developing business analytics solutions, focusing on requirements gathering and effective report and dashboard development (i.e. Tableau, QlikView, Power BI, Business Objects, SSRS)
- Experience in working with business customers to gather requirements, research questions, and resolve issues
- Knowledge of a variety of data sources (SQL, flat files, spreadsheets, non-SQL data)
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills to evaluate complex business reporting requirements
- Strong interest in programming in a high-level language such as R or Python
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, matrix team environment and integrate activities with other teams within IT to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts required
- Experience in managing projects from requirements through testing and deployment You might also have:
- 1-5 years of work experience in a bank or financial institution Team Profile
: The Model Risk Management group is part of the Global Risk Management department of Morgan Stanley and it has global responsibility for the independent risk control, review and validation of models used by Morgan Stanley. Model Risk Management professionals are located in New York, London, Mumbai and Budapest, and they work closely with business quantitative strategists, risk managers and financial controllers. The Model Risk Management (MRM) Reporting team is responsible for analyzing, monitoring and reporting on model risk for the Firm. The Reporting team works collaboratively with the Model Control Officers and MRM Validators to understand and communicate results of model risk management activities, changes in model risk assessment, model limitations and uncertainties, and other model-related issues to key stakeholders and senior management. The Budapest team works closely with other members of the Model Risk Management group on model issues across all asset classes globally. About us:
Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects individuality. Our state-of-the-art offices in the City Centre have been designed to maximize collaboration.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. Learn about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley Budapest:
Build a career with impact. Visit https://www.morganstanley.com/about-us/global-offices/europe-middle-east-africa/hungary morganstanley.hu
for more information.