Market Risk Analyst in Market Risk Portfolio Legal Entity Team
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Mar 18 2018-03-21
See job description for details
The Risk Management Division is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market, credit and operational risk exposures arising from the Firm’s business activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process.
As part of the Risk Management Division, the Market Risk Department identifies, measures, monitors, advises, challenges and controls market risks generated by the UK Group market-making and banking activities.
The role involves working with desk-facing Risk Managers, Risk Analytics and IT teams to drive developments in internal model based risk measures (VaR, IRC). The dynamic nature of the role involves improving existing as well as building new processes and capabilities associated with VaR and provide exposure across different Risk functions as well as with other control groups inside Morgan Stanley.
· Using knowledge of financial products and their risk representation, work independently and with the Risk Analytics team to ensure that risks are accurately captured and represented in the VaR and IRC models. Where necessary, drive improvements in the methodology.
· Working with the Middle Office team to identify data quality issues as and when they arise and also to identify solutions to problems identified.
· Working independently and with Reporting groups to enhance the quality of VaR, IRC analysis communicated to risk managers, business units and senior management.
· Run analysis on risk sensitivities impacting VaR, IRC Investigate large variances in regulatory VaR on a regular basis
· Monitor risk limits and send alerts on high usage and excesses
· Suitable candidates will have an excellent academic background, including a degree in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, statistics/mathematics, sciences or engineering.
· Candidates will be expected to show good judgment of risks and an understanding of risk areas covered, in particular Fixed Income, Equities and CVA, including markets, models and products.
· An understanding of risk management tools such as Value-at-Risk, Stressed-Value-at-Risk and measures for the risk representation of portfolios.
· Strong IT skills are required to facilitate data analysis. VBA, R or other programming skills as well as a working knowledge of databases and SQL is advantageous
· The role involves working closely with several other areas including IT, Risk Infrastructure, Model Risk and Risk Analytics, therefore the candidate must be able to develop strong working relationships and be able to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website and upload your English CV https://ms.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=3106716 here.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.