L3 Ops - Web Operations
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Oct 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The WebOps Level 3 Infrastructure team is part of the Enterprise Computing Organization of Morgan Stanley. The team manages and supports the core infrastructure of the Web plant at Morgan Stanley, including Web Proxies, Load Balancers, PAC files, and Web Authentication products.
This position is expected to integrate into the global follow the sun operations model, which translates to global responsibility for the aforementioned technologies during the Asian business day.
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) is the global technology group that delivers the software and hardware technology solutions that make our businesses run. The team manages the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, wireless technologies, server and database operations, desktops, servers and mainframes.
The Web Infrastructure Operations Level 3 team is part of the Enterprise Computing Organization of Morgan Stanley. Our global team is focused on the core infrastructure supporting Application Delivery across Morgan Stanley. This includes supporting a multi-vendor Load Balancer environment responsible for providing services to both internal and external clients. You will integrate into the global follow the sun operations model, which translates to global responsibility for the aforementioned technologies in the respective regions.
You will also have the opportunity to work in a virtual global team, including several esteemed SMEs, using Jive, Twiki and SharePoint for collaboration.
• You would be supporting a high number of devices and application flows in an enterprise environment providing cloud-like experience for developers
• You will have the opportunity to use sophisticated network tooling to address network connectivity issues, fault analysis, failure avoidance, and the diagnosis and resolution of any other functionally impacting issues in distributed systems environments
• To work with an in house application management system designed to simplify the deployment and management of application delivery components. Users can model a configuration using the systems relational data model, control and monitor their services over the network via a GUI console
• You would have to address L2 escalations
• Process improvement, automation, scripting
• Writing technical documentation
• You will possess strong knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, particularly TCP and IP themselves, as well as HTTP and DNS.
• You should also feel comfortable with system administration of Unix.
• Scripting experience in at least one language (Unix shell, Perl, Phyton Powershell)
• Knowledge of certificates Unix system and apache web server administration experience.
• Administrative competence in at least one major programming language or platform (for example, Perl, Java, ASP, or .NET).
• Have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and high pressure situations for outage handling, management or resolution
• Can communicate effectively with various user groups (developers, engineers) as well as remote team members
• Are driven to learn about new technologies, techniques and what it takes to be an integral member of this team
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.