- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Mar 18 2018-03-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Finance Technology within the Corporate & Funding Technology (CFT) division provides innovative solutions for regulatory and financial reporting, general ledger, profit & loss calculations, securities bookkeeping, budgeting & forecasting, and tax filing. The group leverages a state-of-the-art multi-terabyte financial data warehouse as one of its main assets to service the Firm?s Finance division. The ISG & GWM Product Control Technology department of Finance Technology is providing services for Morgan Stanley?s Global Product Controllers.
The Valuation Review Group (VRG) is responsible for setting marking policy and performing validation of the firms calculated data. In addition to listed and OTC marks this covers computed inputs such as volatility surfaces and interests rate curves. Each such data set that the firm computes internally needs to be validated against a third party source and in many cases instruments need to re-priced.
There is an increased requirement from the PRA in this area which will lead to work in the following areas
- Sourcing of additional data particularly with respect to liquidity
- Implementation of additional calculations
- Re-pricing, using front office systems where possible
- Reduction of end user computing solutions
- Fully systematized workflow.
The VRG team is part of the Product Control Services team which is distributed globally across London, New York, Budapest, Montreal and Mumbai. In addition to VRG the team deals with finance business services such as daily P&L reporting and explain. The team is mostly co-located with users, and has daily interactions with them.
The Product Control Services team is a Scala and Java shop, with most applications/services either written from the ground up with reactive principles. We make use of other technologies such as Akka, Spray, Hazelcast, Lucene and Spark. We do behavior and test driven development, and follow agile practices.
The technology team is continuously improving its practices and working methods.
- Improvement of Scala/Java middle-tier services
- Designing and creating related DB entities while consulting with data modeling team
- Gaining an understanding of accounting principles and finance processes
- Collaborating with the business, understanding their needs and owning solution delivery
- Challenging existing thinking and solutions, proposing new ideas and techniques
- Java, Spring, SQL
- Working knowledge of agile development practices and principles including TDD, continuous integration, continuous improvement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to think on their feet
- Knowledge of Finance processes
- DB2, Terradata, GreenPlum
- Git, Gradle, Jenkins, Stash
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.