Java Web Developer, Aladdin Product Group
Description About this role About this role
Aladdin Product Group is seeking a talented, hands-on Java Web Developer
to join its Regulatory Tech team. The Regulatory Tech team provides a comprehensive surveillance solution for Compliance that helps the firm protect itself against market manipulation, fraud and other financial related misconducts. Our product is widely used in the firm and is going through a series of feature buildouts so that it can be offered to external clients. We are facing a lot of potential and exciting times ahead. As a team, we nurture and develop a culture that is:
- Curious: We like to learn new things and have a healthy disrespect for the status quo
- Brave: We are willing to get outside your comfort zone
- Passionate: We feel personal ownership of your work, and strive to be better
- Open: We value and respect other's opinions
- Innovative: We conceptualize, design and implement new capabilities to ensure that Aladdin remains the best platform.
We are seeking an ambitious professional having strong technical experience in web development. You have a solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and enjoy working in a team of engineers. The ideal candidate shows aptitude to evaluate and incorporate new web technologies. You thrive in a work environment that requires creative problem-solving skills, independent self-direction, open communication and attention to details. You are a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You are passionate about bringing value to clients. As member of the Regulatory Tech team, you will:
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Work with engineers, project managers, technical leads, business owners and analysts throughout the whole SDLC
- Design and implement new features in our core product's web application
- Work on the front-end and back-end side of the web application
- Be brave enough to come up with ideas to improve the User Experience
- Participate in setting coding standards and guidelines, identify and document standard methodologies
Nice to have:
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in modern web development using Angular
- Hands-on experience with Java and Spring Framework
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
Interested? Hit apply! Our benefits
- Experience with NoSQL databases, Cassandra
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with TDD/BDD and UI testing frameworks
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.