See job description for details
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
We are a global financial services firm that is leveraging technology to its highest potential. We’re looking for talented technologists to join our team. Grow your career through a wide range of professional and development opportunities at Morgan Stanley Budapest.
- Opportunity to challenge yourself by solving some of the biggest technical challenges in Morgan Stanley
- Chance to be at the forefront of Morgan Stanley's adoption of latest Java platforms, tools and techniques
- Insight into how Java is used in large scale enterprise deployments through collaborations with multiple teams across the firm.
- Opportunity to look 'under the hood' - how, why and what if are questions that we answer on a daily basis. You will:
Collaborate with your team to:
- Design and implement the next generation of our Java proprietary libraries, tools and components to support more modern architectures.
- Provide direction and define best practices for designing modern applications for all the firms Java developers.
- Work with application teams to identify and adopt the best solutions for their use cases.
- Provide technical solutions to adopting new techniques and libraries which interface with existing deployments.
- Increasing our involvement in the Open Source projects that we rely on Qualifications: You have:
- A passion for technology and an interest in challenging themselves
- Deep knowledge of Java, including multithreading, JVM internals
- Solid understanding of data-structures, algorithms and other CS fundamentals
- Expertise in concurrent programming
- Experience with Spring/Spring-Boot, including knowledge of implementations
- Natural inclination to dig beneath the surface to understand how things work, why they are a certain way and what the design trade-offs are. You may also have:
- Common Java Open-Source libraries like Guava, Netty, Jetty, Hibernate, H2, Hikari, Spring-fox, Junit, Mockito
- Service discovery services, eg ZooKeeper, and their client API's, eg Curator
- Microservice gateways such as Zuul, Spring Cloud Gateway
- Performance benchmarking and analysis tools such as JMH, Censum
- Experience and knowledge wider than Java helps debugging, integration and with non pure Java tasks: Linux, C++, dynamic languages, JVM languages like Kotlin, RDBMS, R2DBC, nosql Team Profile:
Java Platform Engineering are a small, multidisciplinary global team of highly skilled developers whose role is to set the technical direction for application development within the firm, collaborate with firm developers to encourage adoption of best practices and provide specialised proprietary libraries. This provides a unique insight into how Java, and other languages, are used in large scale enterprise solutions and the types of problems that occur with deployments of this size. About us:
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking,
securities, investment management and wealth management services.
At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling, Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the-art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city center.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents . Learn about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley Budapest:
Build a career with impact. Visit https://www.morganstanley.com/about-us/global-offices/europe-middle-east-africa/hungary morganstanley.hu
for more information.