- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 26 Apr 18 2018-04-26
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations & Compliance Technology (OCT) comprises of functionally aligned development teams who support critical firm functions such as Legal, Compliance and Operations. OCT develops strategic solutions that support key business processes, including Settlements, Confirmations, Regulatory Reporting, Position Keeping, Anti-Money Laundering and Trade Surveillance.
The Client Technologies department within OCT, provides solutions in support of Operations’ processing of clients, developing and supporting a consistent set of platforms for Operations to control its client processing activities such as: trade inquiry; external trade matching; exception and workflow management, and business process monitoring. The Cross-Product Platforms Practice Area within the Client Technologies department is responsible for supporting a consistent set of platforms and frameworks to provide cross-product capabilities across processes and divisions and are used by over 6,000 users in the Firm.
We are looking for an experienced Web developer who wants to work on a wide range of technologies to provide our clients with elegant and performant web applications. The team is an energetic team of highly intellectual and creative developers who work on bleeding edge projects using a variety of different technologies. The team is constantly pushing the boundaries of user interface development by leveraging the latest available tools and libraries and works very closely with the internal enterprise infrastructure teams to assess and develop using these technologies. The challenges we strive to solve include scalability/performance related to dealing with very large data sets and multiple data sources.
We are a global team with members in London, Budapest, New York, Montreal, Mumbai, Pune and Zapopan (Mexico). The role involves collaborating with global team members and provides a unique opportunity to network with a diverse group of people.
You will be involved in building and creating UI web solutions and data services from the requirements stage through deployment. You should be self-motivated, innovative, thinks outside the box, have excellent communication skills and be able to work with clients and stakeholders from both the business and technology with ease.
- Experience developing and deploying Java web applications, Tomcat and Apache
- Experience in MVC frameworks
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Understanding of the SDLC, SCM, Agile and scrum methodologies
- Unix shell scripting
- SQL and Relational Databases such as DB2 and/or Sybase
- Integration technologies - MQ/Xml/SOAP/JSON/Protocol Buffers/Spring
- Familiarity with revision control systems, Perforce/Git /CVS/SVN
- Build & agile - Ant, Gradle/Maven, Sonar, Jenkins/Hudson
- Sound understanding of Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Strong organizational, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience working with team members across multiple locations
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, equivalent field, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the Trade lifecycle
- Knowledge of web development progression, latest trends in the industry
- Experience with big data/NoSQL technology such as Elastic, Solr
- Experience designing and improving user experiences
- Exploration of analytics & machine learning technologies
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture Patterns, GoF designs
- Experience with full lifecycle application testing (functional, regression, performance, integration, etc.) and delivery management
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.