GPG - Product Management, Associate
Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services too institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Budapest
At BlackRock we are building something great in Budapest, our global technology and Innovation hub, where we want to shape a culture in which challenge, development and innovation happen every day. Our mission as an organisation is create a better financial future for our clients and BlackRock Budapest will enable this, through a relentless drive to make ourselves and our communities better. We are a diverse bunch of people who like to analyse, reinvent, and enhance how we work, and all in the pursuit of a better experience for our colleagues and clients. We offer the excitement to be a founder in a start-up with the security of a global, leading organization, where you will find innovation and inclusion are our competitive advantages. There are limitless problems to solve and opportunities for learning and development, alongside a team of clever and caring colleagues. Our culture is one of respect, challenge and stretch and we expect and value feedback. We believe that people reach their best potential when the different facets of their home, work and community are all cared about. We will have a fun, fast paced work environment located in cutting edge facilities, with competitive and innovative benefits, and the ability to define your role, pursue your aspirations and shape your future within Hungary and beyond. Global Product Group, Product Management, Analytics
GPG's global mission is to bring innovation, discipline, and focus to BlackRock's investment product platform by partnering and aligning with Client Businesses, Investment Teams, and Corporate Functions (GPG's key stakeholders) on a clear set of product priorities that deliver for our clients, the firm, and our shareholders.
The Product Management team in Budapest serves as (a) a central team to produce high quality data analysis and (b) an innovation hub for building analytics tools and digitisation. The team will work closely with all GPG functions in EMEA, and globally in addition to a wide range of BlackRock stakeholders. ROLE PROFILE Job Background:
- T he Product Manager team is responsible for formulating the firm's liquid asset class product development and growth strategy globally. The team partners with stakeholders from across the firm to align efforts and drive decisions that facilitate the development of new product, set investment related product strategy and govern the global product platforms in accordance with firm-wide priorities .
- The analytics team will produce, enhance, and centralise data analytics collateral related to BLK investment and commercial performance, evolving client preferences, and industry and competitor trends
- It is anticipated that over time, each member of the team will "major" and "minor" in aspects of investment products (e.g. an asset class) as well as a dedicated area of BlackRock/3rd party analytics or technology tools
- The team will enhance existing processes with new ideas/automation and develop best practices across the globally
- Help lead GPG technology and data initiatives, building new and streamlining existing processes
- Act as a strategic thought partner to the broader GPG team and our partners, refining ambiguous questions, generating new hypotheses, and developing data-driven viewpoints and analyses
- Create high-visibility dashboards, reports, and visualizations that deliver valuable metrics and actionable insights in Tableau or Python Web Applications
- Collaborate with internal technology and data functions, as well as other members of the BlackRock data science and analytics community to leverage existing data and systems infrastructure and share best practices globally
- BA/BS or MA/MSc in Maths, Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Economics, Engineering, or another quantitative discipline
- 1-2 years' experience in a data-centric team or organization working with large volumes of unstructured data
- Ability to effectively combine outputs from different sources of technology/systems
- Strong level of intellectual curiosity with desire to question and enhance existing processes and drive more efficient data practices across the global team
- Detail-orientated with attention to detail, a sense of urgency around deadlines and an ability to multitask
- Proficiency in SQL and modern coding languages (i.e. Python, R) to query and manipulate data is essential
- Proficiency in Tableau is preferred but not required
- Commercial mindset with knowledge of asset management / financial markets or a desire to acquire it
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.