Full Stack Java Software Engineer, Enterprise Architecture, Associate
Description About this role
At BlackRock, we are looking for software engineers who like to innovate and solve complex problems. You are looking for a firm that recognizes strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
With over USD $7 trillion of assets we have a unique responsibility: our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial wellbeing. Role Overview
The position is for a Full Stack Java Software Engineer
within the Enterprise Architecture engineering team. The function is aligned to the strategic goals of the Aladdin Product Group and cuts across domains. Enterprise Architecture is responsible for steering the direction of Aladdin's technical and application architecture, and the engineering team builds reference code, connectivity between components and partners with product and platform teams to integrate standards and best practices into the SDLC. You are:
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Passionate about building quality software and scaling technology to meet the needs of tomorrow
- Skilled in the Java programming language and also has experience with front-end development (on React, Angular and/or Node.js)
- An engineer who has delivered software on a major cloud platform or on a comparable on-prem infrastructure.
- Experienced in API development and well-defined interfaces governed by standards such as Open API/Swagger or RAML
- Comfortable with complex data schemas that exist both internally within a system and as a data contract between systems
- A firm believer in the necessity to build in non-functional requirements to ensure enterprise grade quality
- Excited about building software that serves a broad range of clients including end users and developers
- Passion for modern software development lifecycle practices and concepts including Agile, cloud native, continuous integration & delivery
- An advocate of the DevOps culture to ensure that enterprise scale software can be built and maintained.
- Always open to learn new technologies to support the current project requirements
- Not afraid to experiment with new technologies and discover new ways of doing things
- Comfortable streamlining the learning process and failing fast to focus on lessons learnt through experimentation
- Passionate about building tools and an ecosystem that you and other developers love to use and build upon
- Interested in working with different development teams to meet their requirements
You might have:
- Passionate about technology, and love to solve complex problems
- Building solutions for both BlackRock and over 100 organizations who leverage our technology
- Developing in Java, Angular, Cassandra, Solr, Docker, Kubernetes, and a whole host of languages and many other open source technologies
- Leveraging cloud technology including compute, API gateway, devops, and identity management platform as a service offerings.
- Committed to open source, and contributing back to the community
- Writing testable software every day, with a focus on incremental innovation
- Committed to using the latest technologies and standards to maximize interoperability with our clients and partners
Want to learn more?
- A familiar understanding of the Microsoft Azure PaaS and IaaS offerings.
- Knowledge or experience of documenting solutions, creating UML and other software documentation
For 30 years, to drive innovation, BlackRock has bought great minds together. From the very beginning technology was leveraged for insight and efficiency to help our businesses better understand their client's objectives. Again, BlackRock is accelerating innovation and technology; this is why BlackRock is looking for people with a passion for technology and a love of solving complex problems to join their teams. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.