Financial Reporting Supervisor
Description Job Purpose:
- Primary Location: Hungary,Budapest,Budapest
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19033312
Citi as the leading global bank is present in 100+ countries, 55 of which are in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. In each of these countries the Central Banks and other financial regulatory bodies require the timely and accurate reporting of key monetary statistics that give information about the whole economy and ensuring that capital adequacy standards are met so that banks can defend the economy from the spill over effects in case of a financial crisis.
It requires a team of dedicated professionals, with knowledge in accounting, financial products, risk management and banking to be able to fulfil this requirement. While working with teams located across the globe Financial Reporting Analysts are responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly management reports and regulatory returns, which detail important aspects of the bank's financials and therefore provide an invaluable source of information to company executives, regulators and other policymakers. Job Background:
EMEA Regulatory Reporting Citi Service Centre (CSC) in Budapest is a key part of the Financial Controllers function. It is Citi's pioneering centre on a global scale where local regulatory reporting professionals work together in a central location, to ensure consistent quality of local regulatory reporting across multiple jurisdictions and legal vehicles.
The CSC is organized into 4 areas based on their function:
- Prudential Reporting team performs capital adequacy calculation based on Basel2/3:
o Credit Risk team covers the monitoring and reporting of own funds, credit risk, counterparty risk, settlement risk, CVA risk, large exposure risk and the leverage ratio which forms the basis of capital management decisions
o Market Risk and By-desk team covers monitoring and reporting of market risk including Internal Model and Standardised approaches, and monitors the trading desks' capital usage versus the assigned targets and supports traders with analysis of their portfolio
- Statistical Reporting team covers Central Bank for key monetary statistics, based on which important monetary policy decisions are made and also liquidity reporting
- Controls and Standardisation team ensures consistency of controls across the above areas
- Regulatory Reporting System Implementation team is responsible for new systems development and implementation of new rules and regulations
The department's role encompasses from end to end the reporting processes centralized in the CSC for regulated legal vehicles in EMEA.
- Members of the CSC always strive to improve processes and strengthen the control environment, while continuing to make Citi a great place to work. Key Responsibilities:
• Oversee and review the production and delivery of the daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly returns;
• Team management responsibility for a team of analysts, including recruitment, goal setting, performance evaluation;
• Maintenance and further development of key controls including reconciliations, variance analysis and mapping reviews;
• Check and ensure that procedures and policies are applied to adequately cover rules and regulations;
• Ongoing review and development of current processes to increase efficiency;
• Liaise with multiple departments of the appropriate countries (including Financial Control, Risk Management, Treasury and Operations) to resolve issues;
• Deep involvement in new system / process implementations related to Regulatory reporting requirements;
• Prepare and update procedures for all returns as required;
• Provide support to in-country Finance teams and central teams on an ad-hoc basis (e.g. audits, regulatory inquiries);
• Participate in future process migration activities;
• Complete all tasks in connection with the organization's activity but not detailed in the current job description, charged by the direct manager, supervisor, or the functional head. Development Value:
• Gaining deep knowledge about regulatory reporting
• Gaining knowledge about specific regulatory rules in different EMEA countries.
• Gain experience of managing relationships.
• Will provide the successful candidate with exposure to a wide range of products, disciplines and projects.
• Opportunity to gain a good working understanding of the Finance Division of a major investment bank.
• Experience of working within a complex matrix organisation. Qualifications Knowledge and Experience:
• 6+ years of experience in a banking accounting / financial reporting / controlling / risk management / risk reporting
• Team management experience
• Prior experience in a regulatory reporting role would be an advantage
• Advanced MS Excel and Access knowledge
• Advanced / Fluent English knowledge Skills:
• Strong planning & organisational skills
• Excellent system and analytical skills
• Should be creative, proactive and flexible.
• Has to have excellent ability to pay attention to details and work under pressure. Qualifications:
• University/College in Finance, Accounting or Economics. Competencies:
• Pro-active, able to manage time and issues;
• Strong team player;
• Ability to use own initiative;
• Planning and organizational skills, able to prioritize work;