Financial Crime, Sanctions Analyst
Description About this role
BlackRock's Global Compliance Department protects BlackRock's reputation and provides advice to the business focused on ensuring the protection of our client's best interests. The department is a dynamic environment with the team focused on understanding evolving business strategy, challenging and advising on the impact of regulation in our business, with the objective of:
- Actively participating in business decisions to champion our clients' interests and assist the business in translating Compliance into their daily work and decision making;
- Putting client interests at the center of everything we do;
- Cultivating and enhancing BlackRock's compliance culture;
- Providing thought leadership on the impact and implementation of regulation to our business and to the market; and
- Developing and fostering excellence within the Compliance team.
The firm is seeking an individual to be part of the Global Financial Crime Team based in Budapest, Hungary, responsible for the helping implement strategic priorities as it relates to Financial Crime Sanctions compliance initiatives. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate knowledge of, and experience in, asset management, alternative products and financial crime risks. The role is based in Budapest, Hungary and would report to the Americas lead for Financial Crime Sanctions compliance. Key Responsibilities:
- Partner with key stakeholders including business, operations, risk management, legal and compliance to review sanctions risk and conduct sanctions due diligence on transactions and associated parties, investments and third parties
- Assist with monitoring and oversight of outsourced services providers (e.g., transfer agents)
- Advise on on-boarding of clients and third-party service providers, especially in higher risk situations (e.g., for geographically potentially exposed persons or entities)
- Conduct periodic monitoring and testing to assess the effectiveness of the sanctions program and processes
- Support the development and implementation of policies and procedures, including conducting training, as needed
- Assist as needed in responding to inquiries from clients and third parties related to sanctions
- Support the collection, organization, and evaluation of data relevant to the Sanctions policy, procedures and team function
- Ensure the active identification, response and/or escalation of risks as appropriate
- Undertake governance and management reporting
- Work within a global team and communicate effectively to members of that team
- The successful candidate should have knowledge and understanding of sanctions and sanctions compliance or risk management; experience in compliance or risk management, preferably at other financial institutions or consulting firms, including experience with at least one of the following compliance frameworks: anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and anti-corruption (e.g., Foreign Corrupt Practices Act), sanctions (e.g. OFAC), or fraud
- Have a proactive approach to business issues, identifying areas of improvement & enhancement including the automation of processes
- Strong governance and document management skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a global team as well as independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, judgment and business partnership skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated and with excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize workloads and adhere to deadlines
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.