Enterprise Command Centre - Planned Events
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Planned Events team within the ECC has two primary functions. Firstly, the planning and execution of data centre isolations globally in order to provide the Technology Disaster Recovery (TechDR) team with a window to perform regulatory application testing. Secondly, working in conjunction with Corporate Services they plan and execute power downs of major people spaces across Europe and America. In addition to these two primary functions the team is also engaged in reporting functions, global projects looking at event management and the management of other related annual events.
- Management of event weekends through the year. Please be aware that through 2015 the Planned Events team managed 23 events, predominantly across weekends. The level of involvement and volume of work will vary by event but this is a global team requiring global coverage.
- Management and responsibility for the planning of Planned Events. Starting with initial liaison with Corporate Services or TechDR, through preparation and data gathering and on to running planning meetings and ensuring the creation of a thorough and complete runbook.
- Involvement in the communication process for all ECC-managed Planned Events (emails, website, conference calls pre, during and post event)
- Close and professional collaboration with technology and business teams in order to schedule, plan and manage events globally.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written). The ability to communicate confidently and clearly on conference calls, in meetings, via email, etc. at all levels of the organization is essential.
- Strong organizational skills ? the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and to meet strict deadlines.
- Client focus and ownership, use of own initiative and a proactive approach to work.
- Ability to facilitate conversations with large groups of remote people.
- Technical aptitude.
- To demonstrate the understanding of technology used in Investment Banking is required (i.e. one or more of: Unix / Linux, Windows, storage, networking, databases, IT security, market data, web / intranet infrastructure, messaging, mainframe or sales and trading application support).
- Client focus and ownership - use of own initiative and a proactive approach to work.
- Strong Sharepoint and Jive knowledge would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience of ITIL would be an advantage.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.