Director, Engineering Manager, Alphagen Platform
Description About this role
Your team: The Alpha Gen Technology group (AGT) helps BlackRock investment teams deliver market leading performance (alpha) to their clients. We work with investment researchers to develop predictive signals and strategies that are traded on BlackRock hedge funds and other active portfolios. The services we provide range from: quantitative library development, model engineering, alpha platform development and investment technology R&D. People in the team are based in London, Budapest, Mumbai, San Francisco and Sydney. AGT's Investment partners include Active Equity, Fixed Income, Multi-Asset Strategies, Sustainability Strategies, and the Risk and Quantitative Analytics Team. AGT is part of BlackRock's Aladdin Product Group (APG). Aladdin is an investment platform as a service that is used to manage more than $15 trillion by clients of Aladdin.
Your role and impact: As the Engineering Manager for Alphagen Platform you will lead a team of platform engineer and work closely with Quant and Data engineers to develop industry leading platform that is used for quantitative research as well as in production system to drive daily investment processes. We are involved in the full lifecycle of the Alpha Gen and Data platform including design, architecture, development, implementation, tuning, production support and maintenance.
Your responsibilities: You will be building a cutting-edge, high quality alpha gen platform! It involves:
- Providing software engineers, quant engineers and researchers with technical advice and guidance on our systems
- Build relationships and partner with other engineering teams across BlackRock
- Instill high standards for software engineering and processes
- Coach and mentor team members
- Work across time zones in a distributed team
- Keep up to date with developments in the industry and use that to drive prototyping new alpha-enabling technology
- Communicate with high impact to share project status
- Support of production models
You have: We value post-graduate degree holders, but we also like individuals with equivalent commercial experience. So, if you have a good mix of the skills below we would love to hear from you!
- Good coding skills in Python. Knowledge of Java, Scala and distributed technologies such as Spark and Dask is a plus.
- Desire to build deep expertise in cloud native technologies and design of applications that are deployed to cloud infrastructure.
- A deep software engineering mind set. This includes practices such as agile, test automation, object-oriented design, design patterns, release management
- Good interpersonal skills
- Project and people management required
A genuine curiosity and appetite to learn: equities, fixed income, derivatives, hedge funds or investment risk What will you will learn on the job?
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. Our benefits
- A deep understanding of hedge fund strategies and signals that drive them
- Build platform that enables alpha generation at scale
- Aladdin - the investment platform used to manage >$15 Trillion of the global assets.
- How to apply machine learning and data science technology to alpha generation
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.