- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Detail Subledger (DSL) is a front-to-back initiative to consolidate accounting information flow and provide major control functions. It addresses regulatory and audit findings thematically, providing an efficient framework for better control and reporting over time. The objectives of the program include:
- Consolidate sourcing, integrating and verifying of information across Control Functions.
- Post to the General Ledger from that same repository, allowing easy drill-back to the underlying business events.
- Enable continued business process integration within and across Control Functions.
- The DSL Technology team develops applications to provide service to Global Product Controllers of Morgan Stanley and to post accounting details to the General Ledger. These applications include a feature-rich Windows UI, highly flexible and scalable services, large scale online analytical processing of large datasets and warehouse reporting.
- The Product Control Services team is distributed globally across London, New York, Budapest, Montreal and Mumbai.
- The DevOps team is located in New York, London and Budapest
- The Product Control Services team is a Scala and Java shop interacting with a Teradata warehouse
- We make use of other technologies such as Spark, Hazelcast, and Lucene.
- We do behavior and test driven development, and follow agile practices.
- The successful candidate will work as a developer within our DevOps team.
- You will be expected to solve the challenges of making a large distributed application a continuous delivery environment.
- This will involve designing solutions and implementing the solutions using a combination of Java and Scripting skills to automate everything, everywhere, everytime.
- The ideal candidate will possess solid technical and problem solving skills as well as the drive to learn more about new technologies and techniques. Candidates should be open to work from front to back on applications and must have a sound grasp of development best practices and system architecture.
- Expertise in any one of the following business domains would be preferable: Accounting, Finance and Control Functions.
- DevOps background
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years software development experience in Java or Scala
- Experience with scripting using Python or similar programming language
- Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- Database or Database Source Control experience
- Experience working in an agile team with focus on continues integration and automated testing
- Demonstrates exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication, organizational, and collaboration skills.
- Experience working on large and medium scale projects in an agile environment.
- Experience with the Gradle build tool, Jenkins and Maven
- Experience working with mixture of new and legacy systems.
- Experience building high volume and resilient systems
- Teradata skills - either development or DBA
- Angular JS
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.