- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Mar 18 2018-03-23
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Data Strategy & Information Delivery Group is part of the Wealth Management Analytics & Data Organization at Morgan Stanley. The teams responsibility is to support Wealth Managements strategic objectives through the use and exploitation of its data and analytical assets. Key focus areas will be in support of organic growth through the digitation and delivery of investment advice; partnering with each business area by providing them the tools, expertise, and support for them to understand and analyze their own data; and to make data and analytics a differentiated capability for the firm.
The Decision Sciences team goal is to help the organization make fact based decision around risk and opportunities, which help drive top and bottom line growth. The incumbent is expected to understand and manage the data assets and deliver the ability to mine Morgan Stanley’s book of business to identify new or existing customer opportunities.
• Collaboration with stakeholders in advanced decision science to create and deliver advanced analytic/predictive modeling solutions, reporting and measurement
• Development, management and reporting of all research for the purposes of improving the Firm’s understanding of tactical and strategic initiatives
• Translation of business unit’s information and needs into advanced analytics business analyses and necessary analytic ecosystem files, as well as attribution, reporting and measurement strategies
• Develop thorough understanding of the portfolio performance through client segmentation and key performance metrics tracking
• Seek opportunities to deploy analytics to drive decisions in everyday field management and client management; help establish advanced platform to deliver insights to the field in real time
• Evaluate effectiveness of advisor practices through client behavior changes and business results. Find scalable solutions to improve advisor performance
• Use predictive analytics to drive client contact/offer targeting for maximized return
• Stay tuned with industry trending, opportunities and challenges, provide business opportunity/risk sizing for the senior management
• Interact with a wide variety of business units to derive and implement analytics solutions
• Degree in Statistics, Economics or related
• Power user of SQL, SAS, R, Python and other statistical software packages, with Enterprise Miner experience a plus
• Demonstrated ability to collect and organize data, conduct analysis and report on and apply results to “actionable insights/recommendations”
• Strong data analysis and data management experience to drive exploratory, advanced analytic and measurement analytic deliverables
• Solid analytic experience developing, staging and executing analyses in SAS to answer key business questions a must. Exposure to predictive modeling experience is desired with Decision Trees, Regression analysis, and other data mining techniques
• Self-starter with strong and creative problem-solving skills
• Minimum of 2 – 4 years of business analyses, predictive modeling, reporting, measurement and campaign management experience
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.