Credit Risk Analyst – Middle Office
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Mar 18 2018-03-17
See job description for details
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley’s risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley’s capital base and franchise. Risk Management protects the firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by our lending and trading counterparties.
The Credit Risk Department is an independent risk oversight function. It is charged with managing and overseeing the counterparty credit risk profile of the Institutional Securities Business. The Credit Risk Department’s specific responsibilities include evaluating and rating the credit risk of counterparties, establishing and managing counterparty credit risk limits, evaluating credit risk transactions and approving, rejecting or modifying them as appropriate.
Credit Middle Office:
Credit Middle Office, along with Reporting and Regulatory Capital teams, is one of the key technical teams of Risk Management Group in Budapest. These three groups work closely together, so a good understanding about the function of the technical part of Risk Management is crucial. Credit Middle Office plays a pivotal role in supporting Morgan Stanley’s Credit Department in credit risk analysis and limits monitoring. The team is also responsible for credit data management, credit policy/procedure implementation, portfolio and single name monitoring (credit limits monitoring/reporting/escalation), and process change management.
Credit Middle Office team is currently seeking an Analyst/Associate level candidate to join the team based in Budapest. The candidate should have strong business knowledge, strong process management skills, and should be able to develop strong working relationship as he/she will work closely with several other areas (such as IT and Business Unit).
- Support credit professionals in the monitoring of Morgan Stanley’s credit exposure against the Firm’s pre-defined policy limits
- Enhance and implement data quality control processes and reports for risk management and capital calculation purposes
- Monitor, identify and mitigate/adjust credit data quality issues and act as a liaison between Credit Department, IT and Business Units in resolving data quality issues
- Represent the team in projects that require Credit Middle Office participation
- Good understanding of financial products including fixed income, equity, secured financial transactions and other traded securities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivator and team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage dynamic priorities with attention to details
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and deliver high quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in risk management or operation involving data analysis and process management is desired
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong proficiency with Excel and VBA is desired
- Good working knowledge of databases and SQL is a plus