Controlling Team Lead
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Oct 17 2017-10-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
We are looking for
Controlling Team Lead
for our Budapest Office Finance Division
Corporate Support Finance (CSF) within FCG makes sure books and records are correct for Morgan Stanley's support areas, reviews active cost pool, prepares balance sheet and expense account reconciliations. As part of the monthly reporting prepares global support service divisional packs with analysis and commentary.
Team supports Administration, Company Management and HR Departments as well as Technology, which is the largest Support Services group both headcount and P/L expense wise (+$3Bn/yr), and one of the largest business units at Morgan Stanley also.
We are looking for a motivated candidate to join as the leader of the Administration and IT Manpower accounting team.
- Ensure that the team are managing their time effectively and that regular management monitoring is carried out
- Deal with and prioritize ad hoc requests and supervise daily operation of accounting team
- Manage the relationship with the business and Finance Business Partners of various areas
- Challenge existing ways of working and develop a continuous improvement culture
- Deliver appropriate training & knowledge to the business to enable them to perform the duties which they are responsible for
- Management and development of team of direct reports
- Support the month end process with detailed analysis as needed, both on a regular monthly and ad hoc basis, delivering value added insights
- Opportunity to participate in system implementations and Firmwide projects
- Overview the preparation of Balance sheet and expense account reconciliations for internal audit purposes
- Cooperate and support external and SOX audit review
What we offer:
- Insights to Morgan Stanley's businesses and departments
- Professional development, internal and external trainings
- Dynamic environment
- Work-life balance
- Great company culture supporting long-term career goals
- Completed Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance or Business related discipline and availability to work full time (8 hours a day)
- At least 5 years of experience related to accounting or financial reporting
- People management experience
- Solid knowledge of finance or accounting concepts (ACCA/ CIMA is a plus)
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Proactivity, accuracy, attention to detail, good organization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.