Capital & Stress Testing – Analyst
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The EMEA Risk Management Division is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market, credit and operational risk exposures arising from UK Group business activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process.
As part of the Risk Division, the Capital & Stress Testing function is responsible for computing, assessing, stressing the portfolio of risk and related capital, as well as leading the Division’s contribution to enterprise-wide programs depending on risk or risk capital.
The Capital & Stress Testing function is seeking an Analyst based in Budapest, to support the Capital & Stress Testing team in Frankfurt in all aspects of stress testing for the EEA entity. The risk professional will play a key role in the build-out and maintenance of the stress testing capabilities on the EEA entity.
· Responsible for BAU production of stress testing for the EEA entity, including creating, maintaining and automating tools to ensure timely delivery of stress test results. Coverage principally includes stress losses and stressed RWAs for Counterparty, Lending and CVA portfolios.
· Collaborate with stress testing, analytics and infrastructure functions in London, New York and Budapest to build and maintain a stress testing capability tailored to EEA portfolio and local regulatory requirements.
· Run ad-hoc requests related to the EEA entity, including sensitivity analysis and deep dives, and provide recommendations.
· Understand key stress testing risk metrics across all business areas and asset classes.
· Documentation of tools and assumptions, preparation of appropriate materials for various risk committees.
· Participate and contribute to the delivery of large, complex regulatory projects.
Skills required (essential)
· Quantitative background required (e.g. finance, accounting, mathematics, economics etc.)
· 1 - 2 years relevant work experience in risk management, treasury capital management or regulatory reporting at an investment bank, universal bank or consulting firm.
· Proficient in use of Excel, VBA, SQL and Powerpoint.
· Strong understanding of traded and lending products, and the behavior of these portfolios under stress.
· Strong understanding of credit risk, counterparty risk and market risk principles and their key drivers.
· Familiarity with regulatory environment.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, with German an advantage.
· Experience in working in cross-functional and cross-cultural working environments.
· Comfortable in interacting with all levels of management, and presenting to senior management.
· Resilient, self-managing and highly organized with a quality and delivery mindset.
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please apply by uploading your English CV https://ms.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=3102038 here .
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.