See job description for details
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees. We Offer:
- An opportunity to be a part of Technology and Operations Chief Operating Office (COO) organization within Morgan Stanley
- The Technology and Operations COO organization partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets
- The organization provides thought leadership, governance, enablement and control for Technology. Tech Business Development and Centers of Excellence on Cloud, Agile, Data, Artificial Intelligence, partner across Technology and the Firm to be a catalyst for technology transformation and innovation
- Technology and Operations COO focuses on multi-year financial planning, business management, change management, workforce strategy, governance, communication, engagement, and talent development.
- The candidate will be a part of Wealth Management Technology COO team within the Technology and Operations COO
- Primarily the candidate will be supporting the business management functions, including application lifecycle management, cost center rates management, balance sheet management, and other related financial management activities
- The candidate is expected to demonstrate expertise in business management functions and processes, act as a trusted business partner on behalf of the organization, and serve as the strategic interface between a selection of delivery teams within Wealth Management Technology and the broader COO organization and its supporting functions You will:
- Provide strategic support to leadership and deliver excellent customer service through actionable solutions, which enables stakeholders in the organization to evaluate and make strategic decisions
- Be Proficient in Financial Management: Responsible for financial oversight including budgeting, forecasting, cost center rates analysis and balance sheet management
- Demonstrate expertise in Application Lifecycle Governance: Governance on application decommissions and engagement with key stakeholders
- Comprehend organizational processes: Responsible for supporting activities including cost center and department structure maintenance, cost allocation sets maintenance, and other related activities
- Be familiar with Portfolio Management: Manage inter-divisional budget targets for Run the Bank activities and monitor software capitalization
- Support management with reporting and dashboards: Responsible for producing reports including weekly financial presentations, monthly cost center rate analysis report, and other reports as needed by the business partners Qualifications: You have:
- Previous experience of 7-10 years of experience in Finance and/or Technology Business Management
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree, preferably in Business Administration and/or Finance
- Knowledge of resource level headcount and financial budgeting
- A thorough knowledge of financial principles such as Software Capitalization and Accrual basis accounting
- Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint including Pivot Tables, formulas, and data manipulation
- Demonstrated ability to create concise and cogent management reporting
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Ability to be flexible with ever-changing prioritization
- Ability to influence in a matrix environment, and drive change throughout the organization, across departments and levels Team Profile:
Wealth Management Technology COO is a global team comprising of 18 members distributed across New York, Montreal and India. The primary functions of the team are Financial Management, Business Management, Portfolio Management and Workforce Strategy. About us:
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking,
securities, investment management and wealth management services.
At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling,
Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the-art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city center.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. Learn about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley Budapest:
Build a career with impact. Visit https://www.morganstanley.com/about-us/global-offices/europe-middle-east-africa/hungary morganstanley.hu
for more information.