Business Analyst – Operational Mapping Program coordinator
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
See job description for details
Operational risk refers to the risk of financial or other loss, or potential damage to a firm’s reputation, resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems, or from external events (e.g., fraud, legal and compliance risks or damage to physical assets). The Firm incurs operational risk across the full scope of its business activities, including revenue-generating activities (e.g., sales and trading), infrastructure groups and control functions (e.g., information technology and trade processing).
The Firm has developed an Operational Risk Management framework to identify and assess significant operational risks and ensure appropriate mitigation actions are undertaken. The framework is deployed across business units, infrastructure groups and control functions globally. The framework is based on a “Three Lines of Defence” model:
- 1st Line: Business Units/Infrastructure Groups own their operational risk and are responsible for its management;
- 2nd Line: Independent Risk Management and control functions provide independent governance and oversight of operation risk management across the Firm and partner with business units and infrastructure groups to anticipate, mitigate and report on operational risk;
- 3rd Line: Internal Audit provides independent assessment and validation.
Operational Risk Department (ORD) operates as part of the Second Line of Defence.
This position is to support the Firm’s Operational Mapping Program which in turn is leveraged for a number of Regulatory Reporting and BAU requirements within Business Units and Support and Control Functions throughout the Firm. The primary function of this role is to facilitate compliance with the ongoing Operational Mapping requirements and to aid in the establishment of appropriate 2nd line of defense activities in association with various operational risks.
Within the department and globally, the role collaborates with team members mainly within ORD and support service units. This individual’s responsibilities would, at a minimum, include a combination of the following activities relating to the ongoing maintenance of the Operational Mapping / SWORD Database:
- Facilitate and coordinate the due diligence review process consisting of the following:
(a) Identifying changes and impact due to Organization, Legal Entity, Service / Process Triggers
(b) Work with various stakeholders to identify the specific changes and facilitate the updates required within the Firm's systems
(c) Work with the entitlement team to make entitlement changes
- Manage Reporting / Perform Analysis:
(a) Develop / Facilitate reporting of Operational Mapping data to satisfy regulatory reporting on an adhoc basis
(b) Assist with ad hoc analyses relating to data reconciliation supporting the integration from various sources into SWORD
- B.A. or equivalent degree. Preferred fields are Economics, Finance, Statistics
- 0-2 years of work experience is required
- Cross-discipline and geographical stakeholder management with commensurate experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Logical thinking, ability to analyze complex sets of data and convert to meaningful risk reporting
- Detail oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint