BlackRock - Global Product Group - Product Implementation, Associate
Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services too institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
At BlackRock we are building something great in Budapest, our new global technology and Innovation hub, where we want to shape a culture in which challenge, development and innovation happen every day. Our mission as an organisation is create a better financial future for our clients and BlackRock Budapest will enable this, through a relentless drive to make ourselves and our communities better. We are a diverse bunch of people who like to analyse, reinvent, and enhance how we work, and all in the pursuit of a better experience for our colleagues and clients. We offer The excitement to be a founder in a start-up with the security of a global, leading organization, where you will find innovation and inclusion are our competitive advantages. There are limitless problems to solve and opportunities for learning and development, alongside a team of clever and caring colleagues. Our culture is one of respect, challenge and stretch and we expect and value feedback. We believe that people reach their best potential when the different facets of their home, work and community are all cared about. We will have a fun, fast paced work environment located in cutting edge facilities, with competitive and innovative benefits, and the ability to define your role, pursue your aspirations and shape your future within Hungary and beyond. Copyright © 2011 BlackRock. All Rights Reserved.
The Global Product Group's ("GPG") mission is to bring innovation, discipline, and focus to BlackRock's investment product platform by partnering and aligning with Client Businesses, Investment Teams, and Corporate Functions (GPG's key stakeholders) on a clear set of product priorities that deliver for our clients, the firm, and our shareholders.
The GPG Product Development function manages the process around investment fund launches, as well as changes to existing investment funds, in accordance with evolving commercial and/or regulatory requirements. The Product Development team in Budapest will (a) serve as the centre of excellence for the execution of product launches and changes and (b) serve as an innovation hub for the global GPG team in terms of process efficiency and digitisation. The team will work closely with the Product Design team in London, and other key stakeholders, on all of our fund launches
• The Product Development team will be responsible for the management of investment fund launches and change projects, and will be responsible for managing project timelines and key stakeholders to ensure successful execution
• The Product Development team will work closely with the Product Design team within GPG, as well as building close relationships with all functions involved in the product development process (e.g. Product Strategy, Client Business, Onboarding, Fund Registrations and Listing, Product Marketing)
• The team will seek to enhance existing processes with new ideas/automation and develop best practices globally
• In addition to working on the implementation of fund launches and changes, each member of the team will build a dedicated skill-set in a BlackRock application or technical skillset; it is anticipated that over time, each member of the team will "major" and "minor" in aspects of investment products as well as technology
We are looking for people who are:
• Curious: You like to learn new things and have a healthy disrespect for status quo
• Brave: You are happiest outside your comfort zone
• Passionate: You feel personal ownership for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
• Open: You value and respect input from others
• Experimental: You make mistakes, but learn from them
• Logical: You like evolving processes and smart execution
You should have:
• BA/BS required, with degrees in management, finance or economics disciplines preferred
• Background in project management desired with prior experience in automation/process design (e.g. Six sigma, agile, etc) a plus
• Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
• Excitement to learn about Financial Services products
• CFA, MBA, IMC, CAIA and/or FRM or a desire to pursue these is welcome Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.