See job description for details
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees. We offer:
- To work with some of the best professionals in the business - for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
- State-of-the-art offices in the City Centre that are designed to maximize collaboration
- Flexible working arrangements (core hours and opportunity to work from home)
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- An environment which is leveraging technology to its highest potential You will:
- The opportunity to drive complex deployments of Splunk
- You will work with a team of incredibly talented and dedicated peers while pushing the technology to its limits.
- A chance to share best practices and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk.
- Work with Kafka and Big Data Technologies to handle TB of data each day Qualifications: You have:
- Working experience of regular expressions in data extraction from log files.
- Understanding and familiarity with log parsing
- 3+ years of big-data experience
- Experience turning research ideas into actionable designs. Able to persuade stakeholders and champion effective techniques through product development.
- Comfortable authoring complex Splunk searches including external table lookups
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Comfortable with customers with focus on customer interaction and client experience.
- Experience working with large, unfiltered data sets.
- 3+ years of Proficiency with Unix and databases
- Protocol-level understanding of how various software components involved in enterprise service delivery interact: web servers, application servers, databases, web services, mainframes, network attached storage, and so forth You might also have:
- Advanced degree in a relevant field is desirable.
- Experience with Splunk preferred
- Design and monitor tools to measure a particular problem or the contribution of a particular technique over time
- Work closely with a cross functional team to design new features and resolve issues as they arise
- Experience in Application Performance Management (APM) space
- Hands-on experience with passive network monitoring: mirror port configuration (especially Cisco SPAN, RSPAN, and VACL configuration), network TAP installation, span aggregators, and so forth
- Familiarity with the network and application monitoring space a plus
- Experience analyzing packet captures (wireshark) a plus
- Experience with Extrahop and Appdynamics
- Due to the roles integration within APM team, prior experience in Application Performance Management (APM) is a big plus.
- Database experience with at least one of the following: MySQL, DB2 or MSSQL
- Experience with various authentication methods such as SPNEGO, Siteminder, Kerberos, and LDAP
- Understanding of enterprise-networking technologies: switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, WAN optimization technologies, and so forth
- Understanding of enterprise-architecture concepts: 3-tier architecture, high-availability/disaster recovery (active-active data centers, redundant switch stacks, and so forth)
- Understanding of the OSI model and excellent working knowledge of the key protocols from Layer 2 through Layer 7 including ARP, IP, TCP, UDP, and HTTP
- Understanding and familiarity of network topology, configuration of devices, network routing. Team Profile:
Globally distributed team of Infrastructure Engineers provides best of breed tools for developers and application support organizations. We are responsible for self-service tools and automation of application instrumentation. About us:
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking,
securities, investment management and wealth management services.
At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling,
Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the-art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city center.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. Learn about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley Budapest:
Build a career with impact. Visit https://www.morganstanley.com/about-us/global-offices/europe-middle-east-africa/hungary morganstanley.hu
for more information.