Accounts Payable Vice President
- Not Specified
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions; from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Reporting to Global Head of Accounts Payable based in Budapest, this role will manage the Transactional Processing functions of the Accounts Payable operations environment in Budapest, providing support to the global team. The applicant will have significant interface with both Hungary based business functions and cross-regional support functions. A key role is to ensure that the operations are performed in accordance with the agreed upon SLAs and within industry benchmarks. This position is a key member of the Finance Operations management team, which determines strategy and annual objectives. Planning and assignment of work, streamlining and improvement of processes, client surveys to ensure customer satisfaction are key objectives of the role. Additionally, implementation and maintenance of high standards of internal controls and SOX compliance is a must.
The role will be responsible for the following areas:
- Global invoice processing
- Global Customer Service
- Global vendor payments
This role will also be responsible for managing the Manual Payment Team processing all non- vendor related payments in accordance with the Firm’s Global Disbursement Policy.
The BlackRock Finance Department is searching for a Vice President who will be playing a major role for managing and growing the Budapest Finance team and regional services hub.
Core Responsibilities will include:
- Lead and motivate team members to deliver processes at the prescribed SLA levels or higher
- Responsible for matrix management of some non-AP resource.
- Provide subject matter expert view in the P2P/Accounts Payable area
- Partner with the other Finance Operations management members to develop better, cost efficient mechanisms to deliver excellence in services
- Oversee the supervisors of the various shared service functions; coordinate and manage activities and ensure globally consistent process flows
- Work cross-functionally within and outside of Finance to ensure satisfaction with services which would include process enhancement, reporting, change management and additional automation
- Additional responsibilities will be assigned as the regional services hub grows
- 10+ years of Accounts Payable/P2P experience including Local & GAAP accounting
- Strong managerial skills, with a hands on approach particularly in Accounts Payable space
- Compliance orientated
- Good general MS Office skills – PowerPoint, Word and other MS Office products
- Ability to develop, train and mentor staff
- Strong analytic, organizational, Communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced Preferred:
- Previous major CA / CPA firm or large multi-national corporation/BFSI experience
- Banking & Financial services industry experience specifically transition services
Education / License Required:
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.