Lawyer, Global Market, VP level - 1 year contract
- Mongkok, Yau Tsim Mong, Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Links International
- 19 Jan 18 2018-01-19
One of our top tier investment-banking clients is seeking for Lawyer, Global Market, VP Level to support their business for a year assignment. Contract extensions will be subject to individual performance and business needs.
- Instructing and reviewing external legal opinions in connection with netting and clearing and external law firms with respect to offering notes in different regions
- Reviewing and researching regulatory requirements with respect to the bank and other Branch as counterparty/issuer with respect to structured products
- Reviewing and updating template OTC termsheets, pricing supplements, confirmations other documents used in connection with structured product distribution
- Reviewing and negotiating futures clearing agreements, clearing house rules and custody agreements
- Reviewing and advising on client communications
- Reviewing and drafting infrastructure agreements supporting the note programme or its hedging including paying agency agreements, custody agreements and brokerage agreements
- Advising Front Office stakeholders in the globe and working together with internal and Compliance colleagues in those jurisdictions to establish effective controls to ensure that regulatory requirements are satisfied.
- At least qualified to 5 years PQE
- Ideally a qualified lawyer in either Singapore, HK, US, UK or Australia
- Must have experience in top banking firms or top law firms
- Must have prior experience with and/or knowledge of derivatives, structured notes, clearing, custody or futures
- Strong risk analysis skills and judgment, legal and regulatory knowledge, interpersonal skills, legal drafting skills and transaction execution skills
- Ability to identify, assess and summarize legal and regulatory risk
- Confident team-player, a creative and strategic thinker with the ability to influence, build trusted relationships with clients and team members, deal constructively with conflict, act decisively and independently in situations requiring quick analysis and adapt to fast-paced environment involving multiple and simultaneous issues and transactions.
- Ability to read, write and speak Chinese (Mandarin) would be advantageous.