Lead the team tasked with translating the business vision, strategy and goals into an actionable plan for the enterprise's technology infrastructure (with a strong focus on Data Centers). This includes the people, processes, services and technologies needed to support the advancement and optimization of the overall ELC technical infrastructure (servers, backups, DR, capacity, networking, desktop, etc…) capabilities for the business in the future.
This position will ensure that all infrastructure solutions and their associated strategies are aligned with the business strategy and the enterprise architecture direction. Drive collaboration with the technical teams toward commonly agreed solution standards and expectations. Provide insight to the business (in partnership with Business Relationship Managers and Service Delivery Managers) on emerging infrastructure technologies and trends that warrant consideration into the business strategy. Provide process governance, guidance and support in the areas of Technology Lifecycle Management and Retirement. Educate and mentor technical staff in the areas of industry standards, best practices, emerging technologies and trends. Responsible for maintaining centralized documentation of agreed to standards, core architectural blueprints, design patterns and technology roadmaps. Perform in a project management role, when necessary, to ensure the timely completion within budget for selected enterprise strategic efforts. Work with vendors to negotiate work packages in conjunction with IT Vendor Management and Indirect Procurement.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain a professional and constructive rapport with IT executives, business partners, and colleagues. Must be capable of communicating technical issues, options and design alternatives within the context of business fundamentals, processes, options and issues
- Act as a primary point of contact for strategy, architecture, and governance over the Infrastructure Technology Portfolio. Accountable for the optimization of the global infrastructure technology portfolio
- Leverages technical expertise, tools and intellectual property across the global enterprise to enable reuse, reduce costs and increase the quality of services and solutions provided to the business
- Lead the infrastructure architecture team, providing technical expertise and professional leadership development to both infrastructure architects (direct reports) and solutions architects on a global basis
Decision-Making & Planning:
- Ensure that designed solutions, services and processes follow corporate standards and guidelines
- Responsible for the optimization of business investments in data center services, networks and desktop solutions portfolios. Provide advice and consultancy on strategy to management team.
- Responsible for strategic infrastructure and technology roadmaps, efficacy and capability models, monitoring and quality of services, process designs, and emerging trends. Support and maintain the Corporate Enterprise Model.
- Develop and maintain policies, standards and best practices for all matters related to Infrastructure Architecture in liaison with Infrastructure Solution Architects
- Responsible for the planning, estimating, tracking and management of medium to large and complex projects supported by the Enterprise Architecture team. Provides architectural advice and design consulting during a project's lifecycle
- 10 years of related technical/technology infrastructure architecture experience with demonstrable strength in analysis, design and architectures
- Experience with/demonstrates an understanding of the capabilities required to support major ERP systems, development environments, middleware platforms, technical platforms, architectural patterns, data center infrastructure components, storage area networks, database servers, application servers, voice, data, video and networking infrastructure
- Experience with architectural frameworks like TOGAF & supporting EA management tools and suites
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Proactive review/monitoring of quality of service, performance-tuning, and capacity planning experience a must
- Data Center and high availability design experience a must
- Demonstrable technical leadership with VMWare, Citrix, Active Directory and SCOM environments
- Familiarity with Oracle and MS-Sql Databases, HP Intel-based hardware, EMC Storage, Backup and Recovery, Data Warehousing, SAP Systems and Components, SharePoint, MS Exchange, MS OCS/Lync, Windows Server, HP-UX, Linux will be a plus
- Familiarity with cloud services like IaaS, Paas, Amazon AWS, Google and Rackspace will also be a plus
- ITIL v3 process and foundation understanding
- Experience maintaining vendor relationships and associated negotiation skills
- Proven experience leading teams of direct and indirect reports
iKas International (Asia) Limited is providing recruitment services for this role.
Recruitment Licence Number: 56984
By clicking 'APPLY NOW', you confirm that you understand that any personal data you submit through your application will be used to provide you with our recruitment services. For further detail on how iKas International (Asia) Limited process your data, please read the iKas Privacy Statement.