We’re looking for an experienced Workplace Services Manager for APAC to oversee the delivery of day-to-day operations of general administration functions. This include Office Administration & Maintenance, Finance & Procurement within Administration, Building Management, Document & Records Management, Occupational Health & Safety & Environmental, BCP and other related functions to Schroders APAC, where required. This role will report into the Global Head of Workplace Services, as well as regionally to the APAC Chief Administrative Officer who is based in Hong Kong.
The Schroders’ Facilities Management team is part of Corporate Services function who are responsible for providing building, services operation & maintenance support to the Schroders Group. Many of the services are outsourced to third party vendors who have onsite teams based in the local offices. The team is also proactively involved in both large & small scale projects as well as change initiatives.
What you’ll do
- Manage relationship with landlords, architects, property agents and Hong Kong based government functions.
- Manage day-to-day contractual relationship with respective service providers & suppliers which includes receptionist, mailroom, building security, cleaning & maintenance, catering, taxi services, office furniture and any other related services
- Oversee building & office space related regulations (Including compliance with internal & external policies/regulations on facilities and people safety).
- Controlling of business spend and budget
- Delivery of building maintenance, including refurbishment projects, replacement programmes, maintenance strategies and workplace fit-out schemes encompassing the latest digital led techniques
- Assist with Real Estate matters across Asia region.
- Coordinate environmental and sustainability initiatives and reporting across the region which includes Health & Safety reporting
- Working with management to develop and implement an efficient strategy for the use of Schroders Hong Kong space as well as for the region.
- Support environmental & other corporate responsibility related initiatives, guidance and reporting. Support the local Corporate Responsibility committee as required.
- Management of the local Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and Business Recovery plan.
- Primary responsibility for the creation and provision of financial information within the area of financial cost and performance
- Hold improvements, office equipment, catering etc.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external regulations on buildings, office space, safety and security
- Offers internal management consultancy advice and practical assistance on Premises functions.
- Liaise with related Schroders functions i.e. Within Hong Kong office, across the region and across other offices as required.
- Keep abreast of all relevant legislation and ensure compliance.
- Keep abreast of best practice and industry trends.
What you’ll be like
- At least 6-8 years of proven experience as a Corporate Facilities Manager/ Office Manager or relevant position in a regional capacity, preferably within a large organisation
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Enjoys analysing problems and proactively come up with solutions such as developing of new ideas that will result in significant changes to the existing services, methods, policies and/or approaches of Schroders. Such role will involve research, analysis and reasoned arguments.
- Currently in a team management or leadership role
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Enjoys interacting with users and strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills
- BSc/BA in facility management, engineering, business administration or relevant field
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFM) will be an advantage
- Responsible for the detailed planning of major initiatives and /or objectives and activities of a business function for the year ahead.
- Ability to advice on key decisions that will have a significant financial and/or operational impact on Schroders. Previous solutions may not always be available. Situations will be complex, involving a considerable grey area.
- Willing to coach and mentor juniors