Windows & VMware Production Support Engineer (2082)
Windows & VMware Production Support Engineer
This role encompasses VMware, Windows System Administration, and end user support. You will be responsible for implementing, automating, troubleshooting and supporting issues related to VMware ESXi, VMware Horizon View, Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems, Windows Active Directory services, Group Policy, TCP/IP, DHCP / DNS and other technologies, all of which are critical to the IB business. You will provide 1 st and 2nd level End User Computing (EUC) support, application installations and support for all Regional employees. You will need to participate in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process for all VMware & Windows problems. Key Technical Skills & Competencies (Must Have)
Key Technical Skills & Competencies (Nice to Have)
- Enterprise knowledge of VMware vSphere ESXi 6.x and Horizon View 7.x environments.
- Enterprise knowledge of Windows Server 2008 - 2016 operating systems.
- Enterprise knowledge of Active Directory / DHCP / DNS / Group Policy in a distributed environment.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, Sub netting, Routing and SMTP concepts.
- Enterprise knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 Desktop Operating Systems.
- Design and implementation of Desktop / VDI Image & template management.
- Enterprise Knowledge of Windows Security Patch Management and application deployment process in physical and virtual environments.
- Enterprise knowledge of VMware Horizon View, App Volumes and Thin App virtualization environment.
- Enterprise knowledge of Teradici management or Dell Wyse Management console.
- Enterprise knowledge of Dell / HP server hardware and data center monitoring tools such as Dell Open server
- Strong customer service and professional client facing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and proven strong analytical / troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a global Windows team.
- Microsoft Certifications (MCITP, MCSE, MOUS, and VCP) are a strong plus and some will be required within a year of joining IB.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in a global financial organization (e.g., Investment Management, Banking, Financial Technology Services).
- Enterprise knowledge of Windows and 3rd party Patch Management technologies (Shavlik, Manage Engine, etc.)
- Enterprise knowledge of MDM solutions (Airwatch, Good, Mobile Iron, etc.) is a plus
- Enterprise knowledge of cloud services such as AWS and Azure is a plus.
- Experience with SQL and scripting languages such as PowerShell is a plus.
- Experience with application packaging using Wise Admin Studio or Flexera Admin studio is a plus.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info